knock sensor.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
where do I find the knock sensor on a 98 lgt?.....I was talking with the parts guy at norms he said that it was as simple as taking out the air box and finding it......did that.....still couldn't locate it...help...?!

J

junkyardgabe

ya i would say under the intake also near the alt.

Rightseat

under intake mani on top of block, toward right rear of motor when you are standing in front of car in wrench-ready position

it's super easy to remove, one elec connector and one bolt.

be aware that the KS is a directional piece, and will not work correctly if not installed at 60-degree angle off centerline of engine. note precise location of the piece you remove, put new one back in exact same location...you'll get fewer CELS after installing the new part!

Evan

no its towards the back, near the brake booster.

you shouldnt need to take off anything on an n/a car. you need a long socket set with an extension. its probably like a 16mm or something. the sensor is just behind the back right intake mani arm, and its screwed right into the block. the single wire going to it has a couple connectors, disconnect the one closest to the sensor. its $90 for a new one at most places. its takes 5 min and one socket to install it.

(sidenote: my mom asked how long it would take to get one replaced at VIP auto in yarmouth, they said 1.5 hours ($100+ in labor, + $90 part) :
default_wink.png
)

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Thanks guys... Im gonna look for it either tonight or tomorrow. Ill let yas know!...Again thanks a bunch.

urabusturbo

my swap is all finished now but the car has some issues. It runs mint until it warms up and then the check engine light comes on. it gives a few codes but the first is the knock sensor. The car will act very sputter when it is given too much throttle, like the fuel and timing are retarded. i am not positive if i need to replace this sensor and i don't wanna buy one unless i am absolutely sure. Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this? I know the car is capable of running well because before the cel comes on it is hands down the fastest car i have ever driven.

urabusturbo

fixed it! i went to the junkyard in freeport today and after replacing the knock sensor it was still acting shitty. I saw gabe there and he thought it may be vaccume related. After some double checking it turned out that lines were not hooked up well enough on the wastegate unit. Now the car runs mint all the time. now i only need to worry about inspection fines and speeding tickets

Latest posts

Back