LGT Tuning Help needed in the Midcoast

twopointfiveturbo

I recently lost my AP and replaced my engine in my LGT. I purchased a map from infamous1 through legacygt.com and I have been having trouble getting my laptop to communicate with my ecu. I have tried different versions of ecuflash and different drivers. I bought a vag-com cable through ebay and Im not sure if its that, infamous said that I shouldn't have a problem writing over my old map. So I was wondering if there was anyone in the midcoast area who could help me out flashing my map. I live in Hope, pms go to my phone, any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

Founding Father
Are you connecting your green connectors before you try and flash the map? That would keep you from being able to communicate to the ECU.

twopointfiveturbo

Well, I tried a different laptop along with different versions of ecuflash and different drivers. Still nothing, at this point I am leaning towards the problem lying with the ebay vag-com cable, guess I will have to go with a tactrix cable.

Nate

Founding Father
I was going to mention that it had to be an issue with your cable. Even when the software is being glitchy (it happens) it will still talk back and forth with the car some of the time. Definitely seems like a bad cable. If you are ever down in Lewiston shoot me a PM first. You are more then welcome to try mine out. Email me the map too, and you can use my laptop.

twopointfiveturbo

Thanks Nate, I will definitely take that into consideration if I can't figure it out anytime soon. After replacing my engine funds are tight, so I haven't decided if I'm gonna drop 180 on a tactrix cable. If anyone closer has a cable I could try that would be great.

-Thanks again

twopointfiveturbo

After purchasing the tactrix cable I still wasn't able to read from my ECU. A local legacy owner stopped over to try his computer and cable on my car and we still didn't have any luck. We think that we narrowed the problem down to a block that is imposed by cobb when you use their hardware to flash maps, even if its a custom map like the one that I have from tuning alliance, it won't even allow you to read the map off of your ECU. So what I need to do is find someone who is willing to uninstall their AccessPORT. Then, install the AccessPORT on my car, it will allow me to overwrite the previous installation. Then uninstall the AccessPORT. This will return my ECU back to 100% stock and then we can reinstall the unit back onto their car. Now I will also need a stock map for a 05 LGT MT and I guess anyone who has V2 AP that I could use. Would Evergreen have an AP that they might use for situations like this??

-Nick

Thanks Nate, I will definitely take that into consideration if I can't figure it out anytime soon. After replacing my engine funds are tight, so I haven't decided if I'm gonna drop 180 on a tactrix cable. If anyone closer has a cable I could try that would be great.

-Thanks again

Latest posts

Back