Mandrel Bender?

Panops145

Vendor
I am looking for somewhere local that does mandrel bending? I need tubing with tight radii to do the exhausts I have been fabricating. It will be much easier with someone who has this tool

Thanks in advance

Pete

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I feel that any pipe bender will work, just apply heat to where the bend will be so it doesn't bunch up. That's what mandrel bending is.

Apollyon12

I feel that any pipe bender will work, just apply heat to where the bend will be so it doesn't bunch up. That's what mandrel bending is.
No, mandrel benders use a flexable piece that goes inside the tube so as to not crush the piece. Most exhaust and pipe benders deform the shape at the bend. T he mandrel benders are much more expensive than a standard tubing bender.

Panops, if you have access to a standard bender, you can fill the pipe with sand, weld (or crimp) the ends shut, apply heat and then bend. The sand will help keep the tubing from being crushed at the bend. Though for an exhaust you probably would be ok if it's deformed a little, the cross sectional area is still the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
You can buy bends from summit racing and a bunch of other racing parts suppliers. you won't have a single piece, but you will have true mandrel bends.

Panops145

Vendor
well where are you located
I'm in mass but go to Farmington Maine frequently.

No, mandrel benders use a flexable piece that goes inside the tube so as to not crush the piece. Most exhaust and pipe benders deform the shape at the bend. T he mandrel benders are much more expensive than a standard tubing bender.

Panops, if you have access to a standard bender, you can fill the pipe with sand, weld (or crimp) the ends shut, apply heat and then bend. The sand will help keep the tubing from being crushed at the bend. Though for an exhaust you probably would be ok if it's deformed a little, the cross sectional area is still the same.
My only issue with this is that the bender I have doesn't sell the tight radii

Does I need.

Latest posts

Back