MORE RS (GC) suspension questions

inski

Tried to search this stuff on Nasioc but the site is fubarded for me.......

When I received my car it was fitted with DMS 40 coilovers that were previously in a WRX. The rear top hat bolt holes were hogged out so the WRX mounts would work. So, if I wanted to I could go with a complete 02-03 WRX suspension swap.

But, the stock RS (GC)springs are stiffer than stock WRX springs.

So, COULD I use RS (GC) springs with WRX struts? Are the perches and upper mounts the same diameter?

Are the strut perches higher on 02-03 WRXs than their older RS counter parts?

And, will WRX springs raise my car? (I don't want that.)

Also, I saw somewhere a spring rating chart for all Subarus and some aftermarket springs. Can someone point me to that chart?

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to avoid AGXs and GR-2s but those are the only 2 aftermarket Strut choices for GC cars and I'd like to have more choices.

akinaspeedstar

annoyingascake has wrx springs and struts on his wagon, they raised it up quite a bit but it does work. if you used aftermarket wrx lowering springs i would assume it would work just fine. peter and i are going prodrive springs and kyb struts in the next week or so

KTurner

spring rate chart can be found here:

http://www.northursalia.com/techdocs/spring/spring.html

I am currently running WRX springs and GR-2's on the rallyX monster. The springs fit the perches and hats with out any real issues. The springs are slightly different since the springs are shorter the coils end in different places. The car got about a 1/4 in lift which yields ~2in of sag and ~4in of available compression. I am happy with the results so far.

EvilAsPie

The only issue i had was running the GC top hats with the WRX struts. The WRX top hats must be thicker because i had to add a couple of washers in order to be able to tighten the gc top hats on the WRX struts.

I'm not sure it is spring rate/hight that really brought my car up or if it was the struts. Sounds like its probably the springs from the results on KTurner's car.

so if you put WRX spec struts with gc spec springs it might work out pretty good. especially since you already have WRX top hats. This may actually make your strut options wider.

When i go to prodrives and kybs my wrx struts might be available. I think i'm going to hang onto the springs for when i get more into rallyx. You could give those a try. i'd be interested to see how they work.

inski

The fat washers seem to be doing ok, though, I haven't actually looked at them to see how they are holding up. I'm just going to stick with RS stuff combined with RS stuff.

Latest posts

Back