MPG's in non terboZ

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok

we are thinking of getting rid of Mrs. Pedro's GLi in favor of a Subaru wagony product. my question is: what are you guys getting for mileage?

I think she is pretty set on an impreza wagon bugeye ->05 models. and if you happen to have one post up.

Cheers

pedro.

Redline

Jim (RedImp) claims to have gotten much better than what I had quoted you. He's thinking it might have to do with the WRX snorkus and a rear wing. We went on the same group drive together, and he killed me in MPG.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
but this one is going to be the Skimobile and isht hauler. the WRX is for play.

hell I get 26 in the rex on the highway @75

katnip

the car is black. I swear
you don't wanna know what the RS gets on the highway, it's not pretty when loaded down and driving thru the Notch :-

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you don't wanna know what the RS gets on the highway, it's not pretty when loaded down and driving thru the Notch :-
yeah those 4.11's are killers

inski

My RS got 25 tops with a lot of highway (75-85mph). Joe at work reports 28 in his RS, but he keeps the rpms down with a lot of back road driving. I'm sure the non-4.11 cars are better

My 2004.5 GLI got 29-33mpg. I miss it. Seems like you'd be stepping backwards in the mpg, but forward in longevity. And of course the Scooby would be a ton safer all year round. Johnny P in Windham is making a good living at rebuilding defunct 1.8Ts. Be preparred for trade-in shock on the ole GLI. I was shocked when mine dropped $7k in less than 10 months.

RedForester08

Well in my 2007 2.5I wagon 5MT on Hankook HP104 on our trip to Philly to get seats wilt the wife we averaged 30mpg Highway. Cranking at around 80 mph. Sometimes as fast as 100mph. (Well it was the flow of traffic between Hartford and NY) Hell at 1/2 way mark on the Gage we where at 227 miles. I get around 26 city on summer gas traveling to and from work. I got 4:11 gears. Winter is less obviously. The wifes fozzy is around 24 City. Haven't gone on a trip YET with it. WRX snorkus and a Prodrive Axle back. Have to run the stock filter with out a tune. It had a little stumble up high rpm's with the K&N in so put the Factory one back and SMOOTH all the way to 6k.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Mostly 19-20mpg

The night I blew my turbo I got a good solid 14.5mpg. But, I made up for it in time saved and we all know, time is money. ;D

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Non terboz shorty.. :
default_wink.png

RallyGuy24

The worst I have gotten with mine is around 22, loaded (3 people, lots of crap for three days...), and 80mph through the mountains. On average I seem to get 25-26 city and it'll get 29-30 highway if i keep it around 70.

Maybe those number just look good to me since my truck gets 5-7mpg anytime...

katnip

the car is black. I swear
The worst I have gotten with mine is around 22, loaded (3 people, lots of crap for three days...), and 80mph through the mountains. On average I seem to get 25-26 city and it'll get 29-30 highway if i keep it around 70.

Maybe those number just look good to me since my truck gets 5-7mpg anytime... :-[
don't really check the mileage (don't wanna know
default_wink.png
generally get 300 to a tank) but if I have 4 rally tires on steelies, jack, jack stands, tools and gear I can watch a 1/4 of a tank disappear between laconia and cannon mountain. 4500 at 85-90 loaded w/the 4:11's is not pretty. it is better when not loaded

so what's it gonna be scooby or scooby >
default_redface.gif

k

akinaspeedstar

4.11 driving = ;D

4.11 filling up =
default_wink.png

haha.

i have no idea what i get for milage, i've never really checked. but if i had to guess id say around 23-25 around town and maybe as high as 30 on the highway. if i keep the rpms down and my foot off the loud peddle

inski

shorty, whutchu got lead chews? I was getting 25-30 in my rex waggie...which made me regret having an RS..for a short while.

Cant wait for the 35-40mpg ScoobyBooby. Its gotta happen!

jmailhot

93 impreza l wagon, 1.8 liter 4.11 FD gets 29mpg cruising around at 55mph mostly (not city, not highway, but rural)

97 OBS 2.2liter 3.9 FD gets 27mpg under rural conditions

2000 RS coupe 2.5liter 4.11 FD also gets 27mpg in the rural driving scenario

Impreza05

I get between 26 city and 30+ highway in the summer. In the winter it drops to about 22-28. I have been down to as low as 15 but that was a lot of playing in the snow.

Latest posts

Back