Mudflaps

KamB

Kam Berry
Lowes sells some rubber mats that are designed to go on stairs in a house. Work PERFECT. 2 bucks each, 4 needed if u like longer ones or 2 needed if u like shorter flaps. Pretty strong rubber it seems. I can't tear it. One edge has a flare, which is perfect so the flare sort of scoops around the inside of the tire. Will post pics once they are on and have some miles. Got some ones from advanced and one snow storm destroyed them so decided I would make my own. They are a soft rubber, very flexible.

KamB

Kam Berry
Yea I did them that way once and they were good. Lasted awhile. Finally ripped them to a point where I couldn't put them back so was looking for a cheap replacement, one with more flex and cheaper/ easier to make since inevitably they are going to get ripped off with as much off road/dirt road driving I do
default_smile.png

KamB

Kam Berry
That's what I did for mine and there is plenty of flex in them. They won't sit still at freeway speeds.
I must have used a different material then. Used

Some flap I had already. So it may have been thicker. I know it had a good deal of metal in it.

KamB

Kam Berry
So far so good. Drove around a lot today, went in some deep snow and backing up around my yard which is untouched besides snowmobile tracks. Didn't have any issues catching them while backing yet.

KamB

Kam Berry
Nice! Did you take any pics of making them?
Yeah a couple. Will post at some point. One got ripped off last night. My fenders rusted to hell so it wasn't attached at the bottom so it constantly rubbed on the tire for the time being lol all the others were perfectly fine. My bad for hacking one side in a rush to go drift :/ getting new fenders this weekend then it should be all set.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
After getting a carwash today I immediately decided that I had to have flaps or the carwash I had just paid for would have been meaningless. I found what you were talking about and almost got them, but they seemed a little flimsy to me. I found a rolled up rubber mat that was 27"x about 8' that seemed a little beefier and decided to try that. Cut them out, and put them on within an hour and a half or so. I took a quick drive and they were still there, covered in mud and dirt but the car was still clean. I guess they're working for now!

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
It was the best I could do with a limited  budget 
default_unsure.png
. Also had to buy some dry-wear to get back in my whitewater kayak asap.

KamB

Kam Berry
It was the best I could do with a limited budget
default_unsure.png
. Also had to buy some dry-wear to get back in my whitewater kayak asap.
I have some whitewater stuff.... Dry top, couple skirts, maybe a paddle from when I used to paddle. PM me if u want anything. Can send u complete list of what I have. Sell cheap or trade for subie stuff!!!

Jamey

lol i drove  thru 2 feet snow  there all still there what a night..  side note i hate snow.

Latest posts

Back