My Subaru 360 Van Build

Nickstone302

Hi guys, ive been out of the Subaru game for awhile now but I figured somebody might find this interesting. I recently was gifted 2 1969 Subaru 360 vans that have been sitting in a junk yard for the past 30 years. I had been talking the the owner for the past couple months and finally I got him to sell them to me. I asked him how much he wanted and he simply said that he would not have time to ever finish them and that he would like to see them back on the road.

30 years outside? Hate to say it but it's probably a lost cause.

I had a 360, it was a constant struggle to keep it going, especially the brakes.

I eventually sold it.

Nickstone302

Hes got 3 others for parts. Ive been after it for a couple years and would love to have something just DIFFERENT. Ill prob have 500-1000 into it and have something that 90% of people have ever seen. Not to mention my house is 10 yards from the bonny eagle car show lol. Worst comes to worse ill dump it.

Yeah but if all of those parts have been sitting for 30 years they are no good. The brakes and fuel systems don't hold up to sitting well at all.

I've been down this road before. It was a neat little car to look at, but really a nightmare to keep going.

smelt240

The 67 Datsun in my profile pic is more rare, and probably harder to find parts for. Go for it. If you don't, you will always wish you did. Im quite sure 69360 is right, as far as the lines and brakes etc being junk for the most part, but there are some on ebay, and who knows what a Craigslist wanted ad would turn up..  Get crafty, get a welder, some basic metal working tools, and you can make just about anything happen to keep a car you love on the road. If it costs you $1000 to figure out you don't like it, Im sure someone else will take over from where you left off....

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Those are such cool little cars! Forget the negative BS, it'll be a cool project. I can't wait to see pictures!

Latest posts

Back