Need a Guiding Hand

Gate4jg

I have an 04 STI and well its about time I start thinking about doing some type of mods to my engine, its getting too embarrassing to tell people that it is stock, I dont want to go too crazy right now but I was thinking about a turbo timer, and a ECU. Just wondering what should I get and why. plz help me out!!!

Evan

accessport is always good. you can do stage 1 on a totally stock car, and stage 2 with some pipe work.

mikebike357

You can find used accessports on ebay these days... it's a quick upgrade that really only takes about 20min. Then you can tell people that you're Stage 1. Then replace or gut your downpipe and then tell people you're Stage 2.
default_biggrin.png

I'm running the Accessport on our WRX at Stage 1 and it's a nice little bump in power and it really smooths the power curve. Not sure how much turbo lag the STi has... but the WRX dogs till the turbo spools.

S

silver bqqst.

don't do a turbo timer, it's completely arbitrary, and is a waste of money. Definitely go with some sort of engine management first, that wayas you go further you can tune the car for each mod. Best bang for your buck.

Rightseat

cheapest (and safest and BEST) way to make your STI go faster is to learn to drive it somewhere even remotely close to its full potential.

spend your $ on developing the "driver software" instead of wasting it on half-baked bolt-on hardware. Subaru already hot-rodded the STI like crazy--do you really think you can out-engineer the factory?

You have an absolutely awesome car already, straight out of the box. Now it's up to YOU to learn how to get the most out of it.

http://www.teamoneil.com

high performance driver ed days thru CMC or bmw club, etc

try some rallyX/autox with an experienced racer riding shotgun, then ride along with them to see how it's really done

etc etc

DG

Latest posts

Back