NEED HELP QUICKLY!!!

hesitantOBS

There's a 2005 STI RSB on rs25 for $70 shipped. According to Subaru, it should be a 20mm bar. This'd be GREAT for my OBS. Can anyone confirm fitment??!!

QUICKLY PLEASE! I should snag this before it's gone!

hesitantOBS

crap... i just measured the sway and my OBS one is coming in at 43.5" from tip to tip, but that's on the vehicle... the STI one measures 45"

4WRXter

Skier!
I have read on NASIOC that the STi bar will fit outside of the end links. OEM fitment is inside links. I read of people that did it.............

I would wait for a WRX bar. I picked one up for $100 shipped and also got some solid end links. I found the links on ebay, or you can get Kartboys from Shorty. I think he is back next week from vacation.

Redline

i read somewhere that you can install the bar on either of the outsides of the endlinks. obviously, both of the outsides, not just 1 inside and 1 outside. the only question i have is whether or not your mounts will work.

the STI's have a different kind of fastener, IIRC.

hesitantOBS

I have read on NASIOC that the STi bar will fit outside of the end links. OEM fitment is inside links. I read of people that did it.............

I would wait for a WRX bar. I picked one up for $100 shipped and also got some solid end links. I found the links on ebay, or you can get Kartboys from Shorty. I think he is back next week from vacation.
That's the thing though. This guy is selling his 20MM bar for $70 shipped...

http://www.rs25.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=15080

4WRXter

Skier!
Somebody will refute me here, but, the STi bar will probably bend the end links slightly. It's not the correct bar. I personally would pay an extra $30 to know something like that fits properly. But again I have read of where people have used STi bars on GCs.

Somebody will be taking off their stock rex bar for an adjustable.

akinaspeedstar

or just talk to shorty and get a white line adjustable for like $130 that is made specifically for that car. not another impreza

patsti

NitrousFed
or just talk to shorty and get a white line adjustable for like $130 that is made specifically for that car. not another impreza
yep. why get sti when you can get one made for the car (that wont rust)

hesitantOBS

No, I purchased a 20mm WRX rear sway over the weekend for $50 including WRX endlinks, which are stronger than my current OBS ones.

Latest posts

Back