Need help removing gauge wiring

Car Whore

I'm 90% done removing my Omori gauges from the factory pod.All I have left is the wiring behind the radio in the dash.Here is a pic of what is connected to the gauge harness (white and black wires)-

1bf4c932199e198e71f9eed0ab2f27a20_large.jpg

And here is behind the radio....the orange and black wires look like the ones I need to cut.I don't want to cut too little or too close,and with enough left for the guy that bought them to use.Also,can I just put electrical tape over the wires I cut? Any help please!!!

aa7ee410d3fe7c7f76ef99fb7c70f5630_large.jpg

The gauges light up when I turn on the ignition or lights,so they are connected there somehow.I'm a total newb at this and didn't install them,so I'm not sure.

4WRXter

Skier!
I have a little residential electrical experience. I used to be an electrician, have a license. It's hard to tell by a picture, without following the wires to see what they do BUUUUUUUTTT....... My assumption is that the BLK and ORG wires have nothing to do with the gauges based on the fact that they dont go up to where the gauges are.

Although........ they could go to the sensor location(s)????????

And they also appear to be added, not part of the wiring harness.

Also if you do cut them, I advize getting some wirenuts to screw onto the ends. Tape, especially cheap stuff, tends to lose its adhesion and falls off. With the smaller wire diameter (sp?) it is hard to get the tape tight on the wire.

Not real helpful, but it gets you started?

Runnah

You're going to need those wire to run power to your clock.

If I recall correctly there should be 4 wires for the clock harness.

Ground (black)

ACC

Light

and one more which I forget

I'd leave abouyt 4-5 inches of wires from the gauges and leave the rest. Try not to cut more then you'd need because its a lot harder to add wires then remove it.

Car Whore

I got it out.The white/black wires were part of the gauge harness,and the orange/black wires went to the ignition.I just cut those and I'm good.I still need to take the cover under the steering wheel to get to the ignition end,but I just covered the wires each w/tape for now.The clock harness was by itself zip-tied away from the others.

ReZPunK

i was going to recommend a pair of dikes.....but i dont think ellen and rosey would know either.....

i meant these..

3851441.JPG

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back