new wheels, tire fitment question.

JakeyPoo

Hi guys, so I went out and bought some 17x8 et 38 rota grids for my 2004 wrx wagon. Im currently stock height and plan at staying stock height, maybe a 1" drop with stiffer springs, whats the widest tire I can run on my wagon? and how agressive of a roll will I need?

basically how screwed am I on trying to shove these wheels under my wagon?

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I think matt has 17x8s on his gc rs, and im relatively sure its lowered too. Hed be the guy to ask, mabey hell chime in

Matt

Yep. 17x8 rota torques on mine and I'm lowered prob 2-3 Inchs. I rub barely on big bumps. My tire is right up against the strut so I couldn't go wider unless I had a diff offset.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Clearance to fenders = 235s mebbe 245s w/a lil roll

Clearance to struts = you wont know till you try and if things are tight, it means spacers to make it work = probs w/bump steer and weird suspension geometry, wheel bearing wear, etc

Short answer = if a little wider is better, a lot wider probly isn't.

Anything wider than 225 may drive u crazy as front end hunts all over crown of the road. Wide tires expose any/every prob with front end wear and alignment. BTDT.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i think with 225/45-17's you should be set, just means that the tire will be about flush with the edge of the rim is all, more chance of curb rash

Meyagi

I'm a hack
you will need a roll. that offset is about 15mm lower then stock and the wheel is wider. i can probably make 245's fit, 235's would be easier. all depends on how much fender work you want to have done

Latest posts

Back