OEM '03 WRX Rims on a GC8?

Geist

Do you have to do anything to make the OEM rims from a '03 WRX fit onto a '93 Impreza L?

Lugs included?

Rallycat66

Careful of the lug nuts and studs.

I just put WRX 16" alloys on my 95 L and wasn't 100% happy. The stock L lugs are too small and do not seat properly on the WRX rims. You could feel them "sink" into the rims if you tried to torque them slowly. Compared them to the correct lugs for the rims and the seat is indeed much smaller in diameter.

But, correct lugs for the rims only grab about halfway onto the studs on the L (I have open ended lugs and you can see they only go about 1/2 way onto the threads). This is what I am running with right now, but I also watch them very closely and have been checking the torque daily.

To do it right, you may need to invest in longer studs and the correct lugs for the rims.

Tim

Geist

hrmm... not a huge fan of the sound of that...

are you the paranoid/overly cautious type, or is this sincerely an issue?

Rallycat66

hrmm... not a huge fan of the sound of that...

are you the paranoid/overly cautious type, or is this sincerely an issue?
Not overly paranoid, but don't like the look of lug nuts that are only half on the stud (or the feel of a lug continuing to tighten into the wheel at 72 ft/lbs).

They have not loosened on me yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on them non-the-less.

Your mileage may vary - if you have the wheels, give them a try. This is just something to watch out for.

Tim

Latest posts

Back