P0171 - System Lean Bank #1 - MERGED

akinaspeedstar

stupid 99's!!! :
default_wink.png

who wants to give me a proper wrx to throw in that thing? >
default_biggrin.png

well then i guess i wont touch it. i just wish the damn thing would run better. theres a HUGE hitch right around 3500k and it doesn't idle cold to save it's damn life.

EvilAsPie

We'll give her a good look over soon mike.

Are there any MAFs that could replace a poor 99 one?

Like i know i could put a newer better one into the leg to get better high boost readings, but it's only a specific one.

Jimbo

Could be a long shot, but would a dirty fuel filter cause it to lean out under high-demand situations?

Evil Jeff

Already thought about the fuel filter, changed it last weekend with no results.

I might try that MAF cleaning thing though, hadn't done that yet. Any advice on trying to do that?

Or I might visit inski some weekend with a can of MAF cleaner and a 6-pack.
default_smile.png

Evil Jeff

A friend's hubby who works at a local Chevy dealer offered to take a look for me today, and he came up with another possibilitiy. He said he ran the code against the bulletins, and that it came back as an air/exhaust leak. He popped the hood, and said he could hear a leak towards the front-rightish of the engine. So my thought was uppipe maybe? Ideas? Theories? Speculations?

Evil Jeff

Since I never saw that Rez was having the same problem as me, I figured I'd merge both our threads to provide a better source of info. And, since I posted my (hopefully) conclusion on the old board post-transfer, here it is, again.

Couple weekends ago, on the advice of Rez and a NASIOC thread I found, I cleaned the MAF, ran some Seafoam through on a fill up, and reset the ECU. So far, so good!

Previously, when I would reset the ECU, the CEL would be back between 50-75mi, with the most I had gotten being about 150. Right now, I'm at about 500mi and holding strong. My mileage has also drastically improved. I started losing mileage before I got the CEL, and didn't even put the 2 together until I saw the NASIOC thread. I had only been getting about 200mi to a tank, now I'm getting closer to 300.

And for anyone interested, he's the NASIOC thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475620&highlight=p0171

Win!

Latest posts

Back