P0244 CEL CODE

07UGM_TR

hey guys new to this forum, but had a few questions, i just recently had my car STG2 tuned by jeremy @ Tau Performance, but i keep getting this CEL code and cant figure out why, i dont have a cable or ne of the tools to check/ log my car to possibly see where the problem is....i am right in Scarborough soo any help would be appreciated (sop)

my mods are:

-spt intake

-hks catless dp

-invidia N1 street CB

i also have boost and EGT gauge for keepin an eye on things.

-Erik

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I assume that you have a 2007 WRX TR?

I think that P0244 is the Turbo Wastegate input error. basically you are overboosting.

what are you hitting for boost in your car?

most likely you are hitting the high end of the boost near redline with boost creep. adjusting the WGDC (wastegate duty cycle) should fix this.

where is Tau Performance? I would hope that Jeremy there would get you back in shape since he built the map.

you might benefit from a GM boost solonoid mod as well.

07UGM_TR

hey thanks for the reply, and yes i do have a 07 tr, umm he is out of MA, i forget the town....i believe he set the boost to 19.5 b4 it cuts....what is this GM boost solonoid???

..o yea it is only happening in 4th and 5th gear, i wouldn't really say that is near redling as i believe its any where to happen between 4500-5500

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
ok you are making too much boost with the TDO4. you are basically hitting fuel cut.

the GM solonoid will make the boost not creep. but it seems like you aren't having a problem with creep, just with too much boost.

I would go back to him and get him to tune your car so you don't have a check engine light.

Trainable

I would go back to him and get him to tune your car so you don't have a check engine light.
+1
Sounds like they tuned it for 3rd gear and never bothered to make sure that everything was okay in the higher gears.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I used to get that cel for the very short period of time I had my turboback and no tune at all.

Trainable

I'm up near Freeport, but I could lend a hand. I think there are a few closer though.

What are you looking for just a log to send to your tuner?

What'd your tuner say?

Do you know what software your tuner used?

07UGM_TR

hey thanks for the offer wish i could have got back to you earlier, i am goin down this thursday or friday to get it resolved...thanks

07UGM_TR

i am located right in scarborough, i actually work at the Benz dealer right on US Route 1, where are you??

07UGM_TR

well if your not to busy tonite, do you think we could meet up??, i'd drive down there if that's good for you.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I could probably do it tonight.

give your tuner a call and see what he wants logged.

07UGM_TR

ok i'll see if i can get in touch with him...whats your actual address soo i can punch it in to mapquest??

07UGM_TR

ok looks like he wants Rpm, throttle%, manifold pressure direct*,primary wastegate duty cycle,and turbo dynamics, he also wants me to do a WOT pull in 4th until i hit boost cut...i dont get out of work till 5:30 if so i can prob make it down there for 6-615 if that's ok??

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
ok looks like he wants Rpm, throttle%, manifold pressure direct*,primary wastegate duty cycle,and turbo dynamics, he also wants me to do a WOT pull in 4th until i hit boost cut...i dont get out of work till 5:30 if so i can prob make it down there for 6-615 if that's ok??

That works

You have a PM. I will get the computer set up when I get home and then meet you out there for 6-6:15.

Latest posts

Back