PLEASE HELP Fix Up...

y2015alepoo

Hey guys, I ran into a little problem today. I hit a ditch at about 50 mph today, and I bent my subframe and bent my oil pan in. Other than a couple other cosmetics, the subframe and pan are my main concerns. I think the subframe being bent is leading to the hood not closing all the way. And I was wondering if anyone had an oil pan laying around that would fit my 2000 Impreza OBS. I was looking to buy a used one, just to get it fixed fast. I think I have an idea of banging the subframe straight with a hammer, and getting it back to looking normal. Any ideas guys? Please Help!

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Hate to say this guy, but @ 50mph you could have easily bent the frame. I'd take it to a body shop and at least get an estimate. If they say you just need a subframe and oil pan, DIY it.

y2015alepoo

Thank you. If you can't, I am not gonna lose my head about it. I know I can get one from oreily for $62 pluse $10 shipping. I just wanted to see what you guys had out there. I looked and I think the subframe has bent up, and pushed the radiator up, which is why the hood was pushed up. I will bend that back to 'normal' when I can find someone to help, and then have someone make sure the frame is okay.

Best thing to do is find a car with a good front clip and have the radiator support removed. Ray did it on his sisters OBS, the thread is somewhere on here. Even had pictures of what he did. That support doesn't go back to original very easy. Only reason mine isn't fixed on my impreza.

y2015alepoo

Is it gonna be a large problem down the road if I straighten it, or will it hold up for a while until I can really get it looked into?

y2015alepoo

I can't get the hood open right now. I think if the radiator is up, then the top mounts must have broken off. Idk. With a little elbow grease we might be able to get it open.

KamB

Kam Berry
What ended up happening on this?

I'll offer a cheaper suggestion to fix it... :smash it back down, and drive it hard knowing it'll never be perfect. Hahaha. A buddy of mine did that on his car and many people on this site have checked out the car and liked it without noticing. Lol.

Subanoob

What ended up happening on this? I'll offer a cheaper suggestion to fix it... :smash it back down, and drive it hard knowing it'll never be perfect. Hahaha. A buddy of mine did that on his car and many people on this site have checked out the car and liked it without noticing. Lol.
Who are you talking about?  
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back