Process west topmount questions

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Process west is no longer making their tmic's for lgts, which seriously bums me out because RSD is out of stock of them. I dont want to deal with paypal and buying one used, so my question is:

Does anybody know if their 08+ wrx topmounts will fit on my obxt? From the pictures ive seen the lgt and 08+ topmounts look different, but factory and a lot of aftermarket parts (including intercoolers) are the same between lgts and those years wrx's

I know their included fancy sealed splitter wont work because of the different hoodscoops, but im not too overly worried about that. I just want a topmount that wont heatsoak from direct contact from the turbo.

Thanks in advance!

SUBARUDE

I am pretty sure they are the same i/c it the splitter that's the only diff cause a bunch of the legacy guys run the wrx vf52 so I would assume the i/c would be the same

Meyagi

I'm a hack
new tmic wont put gears back in yo trans
default_tongue.png

apkarian100

Vendor
Ever think about getting just an OEM 08+ STI TMIC? They'll be cheaper and aren't as prone to heat soak when the car is sitting running. There was a study put out on NASIOC and the PW TMIC wasn't a whole lot better than the STI TMIC.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Ever think about getting just a 08+ STI tmic? They'll be cheaper and aren't as prone to heat soak when the car is sitting running. There was a study put out on NASIOC and the PW TMIC wasn't a whole lot better than the STI TMIC.
They won't bolt up. You would need to change the turbo, and intake manifold.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Much sadness.

And yes, i need a new tranny too. that's also sadness.
default_frown.gif

Ever think about getting just an OEM 08+ STI TMIC? They'll be cheaper and aren't as prone to heat soak when the car is sitting running. There was a study put out on NASIOC and the PW TMIC wasn't a whole lot better than the STI TMIC.
What bratman said pretty much.

Latest posts

Back