Rail Delete instal/Rail install. Runnah?

4WRXter

Skier!
I was trying to suggest putting a Thule rack on. Lots easier without tearing apart the interior.

Andrew is absolutely correct, Thule is not the most beautiful option. The factory rails and some cross bars will be a nice clean, factory looking, install.

Evan

oh the clamp on thule racks. yeah, those are easier but they tear up your paint when dirt and everything else inevitably gets between the pads and your roof, then you're left with 4 sandblasted rectangles when you remove them.

saabaru

I think this thread is seriously making a case for a tow hitch and hitch-mounted bike rack.
I think that is the way to go. Pedro and Ruggedman have the hitch, and I saw it last night. I think it is hidden enough...

Jimbo

I actually did the install on the hitch that Shorty sold me. Wasn't bad at all, 'cept for the part of the instructions that said "now take that brandy-new car that you adore and CUT PART OF THE BUMPER OFF" sort of scared me a bit.

I persevered, and am super happy with the results. Took me ~1 - 1.5 hours to complete, iirc.

Back