Rallyx Autox OBS to RS specs classing clarification...

coondogg

Guess I like to make even the SIMPLE rallyx classification more difficult with just 6-8 classes, lol...

The OBS can be upgraded to RS specs and still be eligible for stock class, correct?

With that being said, the differences are springs, sways, and rear dif...?

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Your OBS has the 2.5 and a 3.9final drive.

RS's have 2.5 and a 4.11 final drive.

Most things you change will probably bump you a class...

coondogg

All Cars must be equipped as from the manufacturer, with only factory installed and portinstalledoption packages. Options that were only part of a package must be present with

the entire package. Complete option packages may be installed after purchase of the

vehicle.
RS is just a package on the Impreza. I would be legal if the whole package is installed...?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
RS is just a package on the Impreza. I would be legal if the whole package is installed...?
yes, but the costs and time of doing that would be effectively prohibitive. MUCH less expensive to just source a decent RS

RS pkg vs OBS: 4.11 gearbox with close ratios, viscous limited slip rear diff, tons of suspension differences (springs, struts, sways ,bushing specs etc) specific interior trim items (door cards, seats, headliner, hell even the shift knob etc etc), badging, paint codes....ugg the number of details makes my head spin. Get any of those wrong and you are subject to protest and getting bumped a class

gagggg......

coondogg

hmmm, guess I wasnt really including the interior tidbits and paint as part of the RS package... :/

coondogg

Guess I was looking at specifically the possibility at upgrading sways, springs, gear box, and rear dif to RS pieces and if those changes would make it an RS equipped OBS and still qualify for stock class...

coondogg

I made a thread in the SCCA forums questioning specifically what of the RS packaging needs to be changed. I remember running into another thread about the Shelby Mustang still being in the F Stock class, same as the GT Mustang despite upgraded sways/springs, bushings, and such. Mustang GTs were upgraded to Shelby specs and still "stock" but ALL the Shelby pieces had to be used. Curious if the same can be done with the OBS and RS since they are packages on the same car that run in the same class in autox...

Ty Ty

I made a thread in the SCCA forums questioning specifically what of the RS packaging needs to be changed. I remember running into another thread about the Shelby Mustang still being in the F Stock class, same as the GT Mustang despite upgraded sways/springs, bushings, and such. Mustang GTs were upgraded to Shelby specs and still "stock" but ALL the Shelby pieces had to be used. Curious if the same can be done with the OBS and RS since they are packages on the same car that run in the same class in autox...
RallyX rules and SOLO rules don't mix/match well. Jamie got protested and moved up to mod class with his stock 96 Impreza L with a stock 2.2L that was put into it. Same engine, offered in the same year, in the same car. Why does he have to run in mod...? Because the 2.2L didn't come with a 5spd. that year.

And guess what...he mopped up M4 instead of SA.

All of the RS stuff was never offered in the wagon, you're going to be really pushing it trying to run stock class with it. Would I protest it, absolutely not, but someone else probably will.

Latest posts

Back