Removing rear seats...

RallyGuy24

Ok, whats the trick to removing the rear seats in a 2001 Impreza 2.5rs??? I'm sure I'm missing something simple and obvious, but damn it, I cant figure the thing out.

4WRXter

Skier!
On my 2000, there are two bolts holding the lower part of the seat. 10 or 12 mm. They are through loops into the vertical "seat base" of the chassis. Remove those and bottom part should slide forward and free.

Then the seat back has 3 bolts holding that in on the bottom, and a couple of hooks holding the top.

Redline

yet another reason wagons rule...
default_smile.png

changed my struts faster than you can! ;D

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I find it easier to just leave the back seat out. it makes access to the struts, mucho easyo. easier than a waggie even >
default_smile.png

katnip

don't feel bad, went to put mine back in recently and took me forever to figure out which way they go back in. dee-d-dee ;D

Evan

i leave the bolts out of mine, but i leave the seat in. the only difference is in a crash i have 5lbs of foam hitting me in the back, but in an accident i have more important things to worry about.

katnip

i leave the bolts out of mine, but i leave the seat in. the only difference is in a crash i have 5lbs of foam hitting me in the back, but in an accident i have more important things to worry about.
that's what I ended up doing too, but for the rallyx's they need to come out

Latest posts

Back