Snot Draining Brakes for my Legacy

cperrine

What is the best I can do for braking power on a Legacy Wagon? I have 05 17" LGT wheels and figure I'll have early 15" Forester steels for winter.

What can I do to my current brakes other than fresh pads (recently got'em)?

I know most other Sub rotors and calips will fit my car.

Should I move up to OB or Forester brakes?

Is there a better aftermarket option?

CP

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I really must say: Don't waste money on a full brake setup when for $100 or so you can get pads that will take care of all your braking woes.

Stainless braided lines will also help your pedal feel.

hell I have teeny tiney brakes on the otter and that thing will rip yer eyes out of teh sockets.

mikebike357

Brake pads & brake fluid are the quickest way. If you're just doing around town driving and want better brakes, don't go hog wild on slotted rotors, etc. Just get good pads and good brake juice.

EvilAsPie

+1 for good pads and fluid for DD.

The next step would be SS lines and slotted rotors if you're doing any racing, ie autox/rallyx.

The only time anything past that would be necessary would be if you did a turbo swap and started really competing with the car, then you would need more stopping power.

EvilAsPie

I just realized the 95 had the smaller front disk with i think single pot calipers, and some had read drums?

In that case i'd find some RS or newer leggy take offs for calipers and brackets. Then if you have drums do a rear disk swap, you'd need everything; hubs, caliper, and brackets. There are a few threads here about that, a quick search should find them.

Once that is taken care of then do the above.

Single pots and rear drums are a horrible setup, BTDT.

cperrine

95 Leg L All Wheel Disc.

I don't know about the pots. My mom told me not to smoke.

Seriously though I don't really know what single pot calipers are...enlighten me.??? My brakes definitely are smaller though.

What kind of pads should I get?

Evil. BTDT?? DD??

Hey guys, still a newb, you'll have to remember to spell things out, FR.

EvilAsPie

I was thinking...

Been There Done That

Which refers to the single pot+rear drums, and the the upgrade cperrine is working on. 8)

Stopping torque can be as much fun as acceleration torque!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"What kind of pads should I get"????
you are going to get a whole lot of opinions on that.

but I would suggest one of the following:

EBC Redstuff

AXXIS Ultimate

Hawk HP+

Carbotech Panther+

I run the Redstuffs on my autoX miata, I know Evilaspie ran Reds on his wagon. Ralli is a fan of the Carbotech's, ect ect.

EvilAsPie

axxis ultimate = not so good for autox

They get real hot and can't take it. They started getting build up after only a few events (note: i always bed in pads correctly). Put the reds on the RS for last sunday and we were loving it! The axxis ones might be okay for the street though. I will probably try them on the leg at some point.

cperrine

Just tell me what to get

DD Portland to gorham

Around town

Like good brakes that will in fact drain the snot out of your head (willing to settle)

I don't rally (though I do like playing around dirt/ice)

Latest posts

Back