Someone explain to me.

Runnah

Why CAI and Short rams are so damn expensive?

I mean am I missing somthing here?

A K&N filter and a bit of alumn tubing and some hose clamps does not equal $200!

R

rallyXcramps

I mean am I missing somthing here?
capitalism.

build it, they will come.

theres an ass for every seat.

people like shiny things.

mikebike357

PVC would be pretty ghetto, but hit it with some chrome spraypaint and it'll be worth $200!
default_smile.png

Just get some aluminum pipe and make your own. My CAI cost $30 + $55 for teh K&N

Rightseat

Chris--

Tulip the rally car has run a custom "Schedule 40" PVC intake for 3 years now. Tech inspectors love it.

Home Depot bling bling.

DG

Runnah

Chris--

Tulip the rally car has run a custom "Schedule 40" PVC intake for 3 years now. Tech inspectors love it.

Home Depot bling bling.

DG

Very interesting...>
default_smile.png

KTurner

There is also a thinner walled black pvc tubing out there I forget what it is called. I used some to do a 3" intake on my saab. very light, very easy to cut, and it can be shaped with a heat gun. mine isn't in the engine compartment but I think it would hold up to the heat ok depending on where it is located, I'll put a pict up when I get home. I might even have some extra somewhere.

-KTurner

DCG

I read somewhere (probably on nasioc) that PVC shouldn't be used for an intake because when heated under the hood, it can release toxic fumes. So is this just internet folklore? You guys with PVC intakes aren't inhaling anything toxic? No free hallucinations?
default_smile.png

stainless

Well it is true to a point. But....

It is behind your firewall so you should not be getting fumes.

and it is a VERY small amount....

but yes it does release toxic fumes...

most plastics rellease VOC's "wich are bad" even at room temp. Sot go for that leather interoir, wait they treat leather with nasty shit to.... ok go pure stailess steel ....

-Dont worry about it just dont make a bong out of the shit...

Latest posts

Back