Stage 1 Questions

MuddyWRX

Im going to apologize up front for the newbie questions.

I have this 2011 WRX sitting in my driveway that Im already itching to play with a little. Im having trouble deciphering information on the large forums as most of it pertains to the older models.

It sounds like a stage 1 wrx would basically be one with something other than a factory tune, maybe a K&N drop-in. And a basic stage 2 for 09 and 10 would be a downpipe and TBE and a tune.

Im not ready to drop much money yet, its still new and I dont want to void the warranty. So my questions are, is going to stage 1 worth it or should I wait and just go to stage 2 in a year or so? Will stage 1 void the warranty or even be noticable? Im hoping to have Evergreen do any dealership work on the car, wish I could have bought it there but they couldn't get one for a few months.

Open source tuning or Access port? Does anyone in Maine work with either? I know for stage 2 I'll probably have to go to MA and get a custom tune.

Does anyone know yet if the 2011 models are much different than the 09s and 10s? Not sure what/if parts and information will be transferrable to what Ive got to work with.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded newbie post.

Last edited by a moderator:

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
Im going to apologize up front for the newbie questions.

I have this 2011 WRX sitting in my driveway that Im already itching to play with a little. Im having trouble deciphering information on the large forums as most of it pertains to the older models.

It sounds like a stage 1 wrx would basically be one with something other than a factory tune, maybe a K&N drop-in. And a basic stage 2 for 09 and 10 would be a downpipe and TBE and a tune.

Im not ready to drop much money yet, its still new and I dont want to void the warranty. So my questions are, is going to stage 1 worth it or should I wait and just go to stage 2 in a year or so? Will stage 1 void the warranty or even be noticable? Im hoping to have Evergreen do any dealership work on the car, wish I could have bought it there but they couldn't get one for a few months.

Open source tuning or Access port? Does anyone in Maine work with either? I know for stage 2 I'll probably have to go to MA and get a custom tune.

Does anyone know yet if the 2011 models are much different than the 09s and 10s? Not sure what/if parts and information will be transferrable to what Ive got to work with.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded newbie post.
I have stage 1 tunes and custom tunes for a stock 2011 WRX. Contact me if you are interested. Hp gains of 40hp and 50tq are seen on our test cars here depending on octane. It really turns them into a beast. One of our customers hit 12.8 1/4 mile with just a tune. [email protected]

MuddyWRX

I have stage 1 tunes and custom tunes for a stock 2011 WRX. Contact me if you are interested. Hp gains of 40hp and 50tq are seen on our test cars here depending on octane. It really turns them into a beast. One of our customers hit 12.8 1/4 mile with just a tune. [email protected]
Email sent, Ive been tossing around the idea of doing a perrin stage 1 91 octane.

wzrd

Email sent, Ive been tossing around the idea of doing a perrin stage 1 91 octane.
I dont know whats available for your year of car BUT i would talk with joel at evergreen subaru..In the past he has hooked me up with the parts i needed and then had the crew[inski] put them on..

YES tuning your car[stage 1/2] will make a big differance from a stock factory tune.

MuddyWRX

I dont know whats available for your year of car BUT i would talk with joel at evergreen subaru..In the past he has hooked me up with the parts i needed and then had the crew[inski] put them on..

YES tuning your car[stage 1/2] will make a big differance from a stock factory tune.
I have an appointment with them tomorrow for its first service, and was hoping to get to ask some questions while I wait.

Latest posts

Back