Steel 15's for WRX's

How much would you pay per wheel? *MAX*

• Total voters

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok all of you rally X people. How many of you would be interested in 15" steel wheels for RallyX and winter purposes?

wait for the poll.

Stein

Stein
$50 per wheel?

sheesh, I have an extra set of 15" steelies that I'm going to clean up and repaint...

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
$50 per wheel?sheesh, I have an extra set of 15" steelies that I'm going to clean up and repaint...
yeah your wheels are worth about $60 for the set.

Just so you are aware. There aren't currently many 15" wheels that fit over WRX brakes. The cheap option was $80/wheel those were discontinued. Now it is $180-260/wheel.

your obs has much smaller brakes and basically any basic 15" wheel will fit.

Now Rally tires come in 15" sizes for Subarus. so to run rally tires for rallyX would have a signifigant cost associated with the wheels alone. So I am trying to figure out if anyone else would be interested in some steel wheels at less than half the cost of the currently available solution.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I can have wheels made to certain measurements that will clear the calipers.

right now the guys with WRX brakes that want to run rally wheels which are quite expensive. If you want to see the way these changes affect wheel fitment over brakes you are welcome to stop by my place and I an show you. bring your steelies
default_additional_sillylol.gif

jsidik

you can get 15's to clear wrx brakes. I had to grind my calipers, and I'm running rally wheels. Plus, your calipers act as scrapers
default_frown.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
main benefit of 15" wheels for most WRX owners would be that they can run 195/65-15 snows, which offer MUCH better grip in the white stuff than wider 205-55-16s

you can see graphic evidence of mow much more grip these tires offer in my sig pic...
default_frown.gif
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you can get 15's to clear wrx brakes. I had to grind my calipers, and I'm running rally wheels. Plus, your calipers act as scrapers
default_frown.gif
the wheel scraper caliper thing is why I had to replace my 4pots already. So I wouldn't call that an advantage.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Tim, you will have to come down with the fozzy so i can take measurements of both your brakes and mine. let me know when and I will procure the needed measuring toolz.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I'd love a set for the STi. I can run regular steelies with the group n's if I run a spacer in teh front, I think. Not ideal, but for the gravels for rx, it will work OK.

I have found some 16's that won't fit over the group n's. shaving calipers is bad ju-ju.

Latest posts

Back