Strange noise?

Impreza05

I have a strange noise when my suspension is cold I get a sound like the mudflaps dragging on the pavement but it isn't that. Any ideas?

Rightseat

...quite obviously a dead porcupine stuck in a wheel well

...possibly your trans is falling out

...perhaps the rear diff is pooched

um, no, eh?

more info would help. is noise when susp is in compression. or rebound? when braking, cornering or when? have you had any , aaah "incidents" recently that would explain somethng getting bent? etc

make sure it's not something simple like a plastic wheel well liner piece rubbing

Evan

check your muffler bearings.

default_smile.png

control arm bushings are notorious for cold weather squeak from the grease used. but again, that's more of a 'squak'.

Runnah

Wheel well plastic.

Rusty rotors will make a "grinding/draging" noise until the rust wears off.

Impreza05

Sorry about the lack of info I got a fire call. Anyway, it only happens when the car(an 05 w/ 7000 miles) has sat for 8 hrs. or so and it does on steeper dips in the roads not the gradual ones. I can't pinpoint front or back seems to be both. It goes away after a short drive more annoying than anything where it is a new car.

Rightseat

you can always do the "Denial Fix" .....turn up radio

sounds like a dlr question, they may have a TSB on this issue that wouldn't amount to full recall

DG

Joe WRX

I just had a clunking sound coming from the STi's rear shocks. Patriot replaced them under warranty and fixed it. Might wanna call them.

Joe WRX

I think it's a 04 and 05 STi issue only, I'm not really sure though. Vinnie had the same problem, he might know more.

Latest posts

Back