Struts for the Impreza: suggestions?

KTurner

Ok, so one if the things the '93 Impreza fwd sedan is going to get for next year is a new set of struts. I would really like to get some JVAB specials but it isn't in the budget. So does anyone have any suggestions for replacements, will GR-2's cut it for RallyX? maybe some used RS, or Ver7 struts? I'm not sure I want to go all the way to AGX type stuff. What would be the best cheap alternative to real rally stuff?

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
You dont need anything else for that car..., Now go away!!

default_wink.png

Rightseat

GR-2s are what Team O'Neil runs on their school Subies. They are OK for rallyX and up to 2nd gear type of rally work, but kind of soft once you're going much faster. I'd suggest AGXes, they're not that expensive and the adjustability really works for a dual purpose street-rallyx car.

DG

KTurner

I'd suggest AGXes, they're not that expensive and the adjustability really works for a dual purpose street-rallyx car.
the car is single purpose rallyx right now, and I have heard good things about the AGX's. The other question is would I then stick with the stock springs or use the WRX set that I have?

ReZPunK

one thing i noticed about the GR2's i put on the integra.

the rear mounting brackets that connect to the rear control arms are only welded in two spots. i was planning on going in and grinding the paint away and finishing the welds areound the entire bottom of the strut to the bracket. it would make me feel a little better about pounding on them

subaru uses a different method for attaching the rears so this shouldnt be a problem

notice the fork bracket at the bottom and they way its attached at twopoints.

kyb_k11shock.jpg

R

rallyXcramps

I have what you need, and its for sale!

Drummond MotorSport 40mm coil overs with top mounts.

KTurner

I'm really not a fan of DMS in general, although they make good stuff they are cost prohibitive for initial cost and repair. For a side note, I think the DMS spec is keeping a lot of people out of the new Spec Focus Series.

I am leaning more towards the AGX's.... but they say that they are not available for the 2wd's! Is this just a strut top spacing issue? That can be taken care of, or is it a hub mount and camber issue? anyone know?

Latest posts

Back