Subaru = SuxOrs, K Block moves to Ford

Ryan

man subaru is suckibg some major balls in the rally world. first they drop out of wrc all together then they loose a major star they have in the american world of rally ( wich is all they have left). do they plan on just completly loosing all there rally ties? that like if chevy stopped having cars in nascar it dosent make sense.
i cant balme ken for leaving he is smart to get off the sinkign ship before it goes down

the svt focus is a great car i had one and did a head to toe suspension upgrade for auto x's its a fun car handles well and has a lot of potentiall for a n/a car. there r a ton of parts for the car and are very cheap to purchase
Pastrana is still around.

I think that Subaru will again be in the WRC at some point in the future.

RallyCat

Subaru still has a very active role in rallying - just not as a WRC manufacturer. They still support numerous Group N competitors, will be running for the IRC Manufacturer's championship next year, have a strong presence in many National championships, etc. I would not qualify that as a "sinking ship."

As for Ken choosing Ford - that was a VERY WISE marketing decision on Ken's part (remember that Ken put this all together and approached Ford, not the other way around). An American running full time in the WRC in an American Marque is just good marketing sense. Let alone that Ford has an excellent WRC program through M-Sport and is probably salivating all over the marketing potential of Ken running the Fiesta here in the states.

Like I said before, I like my Subarus, but this will be really good for Ken, Ford, and US rallying in general. I'm really looking forward to the buzz this is going to create as well as Ken really focusing on rallying and bringing some very serious competition into the RA championship.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Subaru is def NOT 'sucking major balls' in the rally world. They bailed on the WRC due to skyrocketing development costs, uncertain rules sets, and not to mention the fact that global car companies ain't exactly raking in the cash just now. I'd call that one of the reasons subaru is one of the few car companies that's actually healthy coming out of the worldwide recession.

Subaru's support of Group N is still major, both in the PWRC (Toshi Arai regularly puts his true production-based gpN STI into the top 10 overall in WRC races) and the IRC. This is not to mention numerjous national championships like the US, UK, Japan, East Asia, Australia, NZ and many other places that too many Americans don't know or care about due to a self-centered world view.

K Block in a Ford will do much to wake up the world about the fact that rally DOES exist in the US, as well as vice versa.

Kristof

Banned
americans have a self centered world view because we are the center of the world and have been for abotu a 100 years now and theRE is a reasoN........... AMERICA IS THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!

Kristof

Banned
and besides wrc is the biggest show ont he planet for rally so if subie isn't there its sad. its like titleist only being used on college golf teams and not on the pga if your not in the big show then your not doing well

Back