Take a look at these logs

patsti

NitrousFed
air fuel in low 11's you could add a lil more timing when boost hits... maybe be high 11's or low low 12's maybe redline taper to 12.5:1 just my opinion (what i would do.) or instead add a few lbs of boost at the end. dont get too lean but you could go a lil leaner.

Carter

Administrator
Cant be wrong, this is stock Subaru tune. :
default_wink.png

Evan

i'm gonna go ahead and say the millions of dollars they put into tuning the car and the fact that they'll warranty it like that means its good enough for me.

ralli

I'm assuming that is on the stock O2 also, which is not accurate away from 14.7... so you would really need a wideband to determine if its lean, but if its a stock tune, then chances are its very rich...

patsti

NitrousFed
I'm assuming that is on the stock O2 also, which is not accurate away from 14.7... so you would really need a wideband to determine if its lean, but if its a stock tune, then chances are its very rich...
its accurate enough in wot situations. yes it maybe off but not that much. wideband is always a good idea. I believe that the stock o2 sensors on these are 5volt sensors which is way more accurate then the 1volt ones.

ralli

its accurate enough in wot situations. yes it maybe off but not that much. wideband is always a good idea. I believe that the stock o2 sensors on these are 5volt sensors which is way more accurate then the 1volt ones.
Well that is true that the front one is not your average O2.. I guess its like somewhere between a wideband and a narrowband. I pretty sure you are right about the 5v. You know, I never did any logs on my car when it was stock.. that would of been interesting. Actually, even though I'm tuned I would be interesting to pull some data off my stock front o2 and my wideband. Just curious you know. I certainly have to put in the new gasket between the turbo and the dp though
default_biggrin.png

Trainable

The stock O2 is useless at WOT because it is before the turbo (at least this is true for the WRX and STi). Lots of pressure and heat = garbage readings, also it has a cutoff at 11.14 programed into the ecu. You are probably getting as rich as low 10s since that seems to be the norm for stock subarus.

You are logging the incorrect param for load, so you should either find the correct one or stop logging it to increase your sample rate. You can calculate load from MAF and RPM, so it isn't an absolute requirement for logging.

You also should be logging knock correction and post the timing adv table for your car so we can see if the car is pulling timing due to knock. Some cars you are able to directly log the feedback and fine learning corrections, which is easier than knock correction since you don't have to match the value to the table to determine if timing is being pulled. Without someway to track if your car is pulling timing it is useless to try to add timing at random points.

Running lean during spool up is usually a cause of the close loop -> open loop delay and you would eliminate that by getting rid of the delay rather than trying to enrich your map at those locations.

Otherwise what everyone else said is spot on, just how subies run from the factory. I wouldn't mess with fueling until you either fully understand how the short term and long term fuel trims work and how to tune using them or you get a WBO2.

Anyone know what turbo the 08 LGT runs?

Carter

Administrator
I logged using enginuity. 07+ does not have KC to log. there is no way this engine isn't knocking.

07+ LGTs use the VF46 turbo.

Carter

Administrator
Also I've been told that it stays in closed loop longer for emissions purposes. SOA has looked at the car, and have taken their own logs with their own computer. The regional rep told me I could get a copy of the logs yet everytime I ask for them its "inside information" and they tell me to fudge off pretty much.

Trainable

I logged using enginuity. 07+ does not have KC to log. there is no way this engine isn't knocking.

07+ LGTs use the VF46 turbo.
Well you should be able to match up the log with your total timing (base + adv) to get an idea if timing is being pulled due to knock. There are other reasons timing may get pulled, but this should give you a good idea of how things are running. From what I have seen the stock maps don't really knock much except around "things added for emissions". Since the emissions stuff is all happening at pretty low loads and rpms it isn't a big deal, but it is worth tuning out if you are going to mess with things anyways. If you aren't familiar with the airboy spreadsheet on romraider (enginuity) this would be a great time to take a look.

Latest posts

Back