thanks Sullivan tires!

jojo69

Was cruising today minding my own business when I noticed the car wobbling. Checked the tires and lugs, all was good. Decided it was in my head. Drove some more and noticed that between 25-35mph, the wobbling was worst. Stopped and checked tire pressure. All good. I was puzzled.... As I was in Daramiscotta, I stopped at Sullivan's and spoke with Jake about those symptoms. He looked at the tires and right away found the culprit!

Rear driver side tires' threads were falling apart. The tire looked concave. Not sure if pics will show.

IMG_20130212_132201_zps31cde9b1.jpg

IMG_20130212_140835_zps27cdb98c.jpg

Bottom line Jake was able to find me the best deal he could on snow tires and get the job done today.

All on all, +1 to him!

Lesson: buying used tires can b risky!

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

Had an issue with some Blizzaks I bought my wife last year used.  Will never do it again.  Only new, so I know exactly what I'm getting into.  Glad that this got sorted out for you quickly!

Jamey works at Sullivan too but in Southern Maine.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
oh damn.  I don't know how I missed the second picture. Looks like you laid a serious beating upon those tires to break the belts.

jojo69

tires weren't in the greatest of shape, but supposed to last me this winter season... guess i could not have foreseen the belts breaking. And no I haven't ran the car hard in anyway other than driving around! Oh well, the new Xi3's should last me through several more winters!

(wanted WS70's but they were out of stock
default_frown.gif
, Michelin will do just fine). WIth these new tires, I might actually feel like i have traction in the snow! the old ones were very weak to say the least!
default_tongue.png

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Jamey

tires weren't in the greatest of shape, but supposed to last me this winter season... guess i could not have foreseen the belts breaking. And no I haven't ran the car hard in anyway other than driving around! Oh well, the new Xi3's should last me through several more winters! (wanted WS70's but they were out of stock
default_frown.gif
, Michelin will do just fine). WIth these new tires, I might actually feel like i have traction in the snow! the old ones were very weak to say the least! :pSent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
mitchelin are great tires , and yah your late in season to get snows we already started gettin summer tires

jojo69

yeah that would explain the winter inventory depletion i faced
default_tongue.png

Matt

Yea that's a bad broken belt. You were pretty close to that tire de-treading. Glad they were able to take care of you

jojo69

Yeah drove from whitefield to waterville and back to daramiscotta with the broken belt... very glad it HELD!!

Latest posts

Back