The PO011

UZNTHE4S

Hey Guys,

Gf driving the xt and came home with the infamous Po011. I've already removed the screens prior based on the threads here and elsewhere. I checked the oil and found it low. I added some, reset the code.  The Turbo sounds as it should. Same power, no limp mode after a spin down 95. Yesterday the code came back. Ive heard the talk about the turbos known for their issues in the car. Im worried to say the least.  Any suggestions? Really not looking forward to upgrading just yet. Any help would be great

Thanks

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
This could be many many different things.  Some very serious, some as easy as sensor cleaning/replacement.  The car should go to a competent technician for diagnosis.

UZNTHE4S

Any suggestions outside of a dealership? Local garage that KNOWS their way around turbo powertrains maybe?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Mikey in Standish. His name is Meyagi on here. Not too far from you. Can be hard to reach sometimes, but knows his turbos.

UZNTHE4S

OK, I have a bone to pick here. This PO011 code, well I took the most common suggestion and brought it to a garage. Up until this point, the code was intermittent. So I made a appointment with Chip's in Portland. Figured that a factory trained Subaru tech, who comes highly recommended on here, would be able to diagnose my little code and send me down the right path to a healthy FXT. The response: "PO011 has nothing to do with the turbo" they said. "Might be a low oil situation" They said. "We had to research the code online, and according to the internet (and not our "many years of service and expertise") the code can just be reset and you should be all right" They said...."everything is alright and we found NO Problems with your car"
default_additional_twak.gif

"I think I could have done..wait I already did that on google!
default_additional_headbang.gif

So Here i am driving back home not 20 miles later, and guess what comes back....yup the light. Followed by the sound of a piglet being strangled from under my hood.

Now when the turbo spooled i grit my teeth and hope I can make it home.

So I will ask again. and maybe someone on here can give me ACTUAL advise as to what I should do, or even better, how to fix it. Instead of a cut and pasted NAPA response of

"This could be many many different things.  Some very serious, some as easy as sensor cleaning/replacement.  The car should go to a competent technician for diagnosis."

Thanks, but no thanks.

Ill ask now, can someone point me in the right direction, seeing as this is supposed to be a forum full of people that "TUNE" so called subarus all the time?

Thank you Guys for any help.

RyanR

You're right, no one here knows anything, and can be of no additional help to you.

Best of luck to ya'
default_additional_computer.gif

default_additional_twak.gif

LOL

sooch

Type-RA
lolwut? 

Theres a couple of websites that you can do some research on..... NASIOC ever heard of it? Yea it's a huge website with a bunch of boneheads just like yourself that can't figure out how to use the search function.

Or why don't you take it to a different garage for a second opinion? (theres a guy in Standish that's knows a fuckton about turbocharged subarus)

^^WOW what a novel idea......

Keep your lovely attitude up and you will make lots of friends here! 
default_cheerleader.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
He's just frustrated about his car issues, no need for personal attacks, whether he's ignoring our advice or not.

But....if you look above, beneath you original post, you were given a couple places to go that are somewhat local to you, and you said you went to another place instead. So I suggest maybe trying another mechanic, that knows turbo Subarus, like Meyagi or M&A like was said above. Good luck.

Matt

From my quick search it appears it's common for the turbo to give up the ghost and this code appears prior to it. It was low on oil... You have to think of where it went. Turbo burning the oil... Prob. I believe Subaru offers a 5yr/60k warranty. The turbo can sound perfectly normal an then just blow up. I'd personally pop the intercooler off and check for massive amounts of oil.

UZNTHE4S

See.. Thank you. I know it seems like an attitude, but it got me in the direction I was looking to go in...finally. 

I am in contact with Mike in standish. Now that my turbo is blown, I have to tow it. I was hoping to avoid a big fix by repairing the source problem, but that boat has sailed. I dont fix Subarus everyday so I did not know to look under my intercooler for oil, or elsewhere. Maybe that type of suggestion would have been useful when this conversation started instead of all the sarcasm. You live and learn I guess. 

UZNTHE4S

When I took all the information I had learned from NASOIC, and other places, the garage told me I was mistaken and the code had nothing to do with the turbo at all. He is a trained Subaru technician, what was I supposed to think?

jojo69

sucks to hear that happened! But on the bright side, it sounds like, albeit late, you have a better sense of where to go from here and have contacted a reliable person to help out. 

Good luck! Hope you're able to repair it fast and get back on the roads! 

RyanR

I've diagnosed and repaired this issue over a handful of times, and every time it was a different problem. The issues ranged from low oil pressure, to bad/dirty sensor/solenoid, to a bad motor/turbo like I said in my first post. Because of the potentially expensive nature of the parts involved in this repair (motor/turbo), and the fact that i do not throw parts at things over the internet, I felt it was worth you taking it to a tech. You obviously have little to no knowledge of how these cars work, and weren't willing to ask pointed questions based on searches, so I figured you probably don't have the skills/tools to figure this one out. It was NOT a napa response, it was a "this guy clearly needs a real tech to look at this" response.

You can't fault me or others in this thread for your choice to take it to a tech who is obviously not familiar with turbo subarus. Furthermore, it is not our fault that he tried to use the internet to fix your car. There were two good shop recommendations in this thread in your area.

You can be an entitled passive aggressive douche to get what you want this time because you're new, but that will only work for so long. People will get tired of spending their valuable time answering questions for someone with your kind of attitude. Grow up.

sooch

Type-RA
Had you applied what you learned from NASIOC to your car you would have figured out that you should have checked the intercooler for oil. We all instructed you to go to a tech because you seemed to be incapable of doing anything on your own.

Matt

Ok people. Remember this isn't nasioc, were not all dicks.

Major point being said it's damn near impossible to diagnose an issue over the internet and we tend to google search the issue others have gas and learn from how they've fixed it. It could of been many different things and we just pointed out a few of the obvious. As for your choice of tech to inspect the car... That lies on you. I've been working on cars since I was a kid and I've never heard of those guys. Wouldn't of been my first choice. Dealer or Mikey are my people.

RyanR

Ok people. Remember this isn't nasioc, were not all dicks. Major point being said it's damn near impossible to diagnose an issue over the internet and we tend to google search the issue others have gas and learn from how they've fixed it. It could of been many different things and we just pointed out a few of the obvious. As for your choice of tech to inspect the car... That lies on you. I've been working on cars since I was a kid and I've never heard of those guys. Wouldn't of been my first choice. Dealer or Mikey are my people.

I'm all for helping people out that don't storm in here being a dick themselves because they fail at searching the intertubes, and blame people on the other end of a keyboard for their problems.  As noted by my countless posts giving technical advice here, with a positive attitude no less.

Latest posts

Back