The time has come, CEL fixes.

Runnah

Well I am need of a sticker.

I pulled the following codes.

P0328 - Knock Senosr bad. (Easy fix parts on order)

P1592 - Neutral position switch circuit (MT model) (No clue about what to do to fix this)

P1507 - P1507 Idle control system malfunction (fail-safe) (No clue about what to do to fix this)

Any help would be appreciated.

Rightseat

sounds like you need to get that car to a place that's experienced in running down CEL issues. probably NOT an "out-in-the-driveway at 18 degrees" kind of fix.

you can subscribe to a good online repair manual for any year and model subaru at alldata.com, it's like $30 per year. without detailed schematics and parts lists on hand, you will NEVER get rid of those pesky codes....hell, you'll probly never even find the parts involved!

the P1507 idle air control may be a vac hose issue, or more likely need to have IAC valve/sender replaced. IAC is a black valve ass'y on side of throttle body.

P1592 neutral position switch may be due to short shifter, the switch in question is one of the two electrical leads on pass side of gearbox...NOT the speed sensor one. check to be sure the sensor wire isn't damaged before digging into the switch itself.

P0328 knock senser IS a (relatively) easy fix...just make sure you get the new one installed in the same orientation as the original...like 30-40 degrees to the center line of engine. You might want to check the orientation of the one in there now...if it's loose and has rotated off its axis, that could trigger the code.

this is the kind of stuff that would drive you NUTS on a swap. you have an only mildly modded non-turbo car....swappage would likely entail a 10x increase in this type of problem down the line.
default_biggrin.png

Runnah

Thanks Dave, I'll check those areas you mentioned.

Yeah Swaps will be a PITA, but when I am ready to do the swappage I won't be using the RS as a DD. Plus if all goes well I'll have a garage with heat!

R

rallyXcramps

I'm willing to bet your pay check that all you need is a Knock Sensor, and Idle Air control Motor or wire repair near that thing, and a neutral switch or wire repair. Tackle that stuff one step at a time.

If I remember I'll look at the book for the last two items. It sounds like someone has monkey-trashed your wiring in those places.

Latest posts

Back