Timing Belt

Pottle

So I'm going to be purchasing the timing belt and water pump for the legacy.  Been all over Legacygy.com trying to find the best kit.  Anyone have any preference advice on the kit?

Pottle

I found the gates kit with water pump for about $330. Also found one on eBay that ships from Stanish.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I went with Mitsuboshi, which is OEM quality. From what I hear, Gates is good for turbocharged vehicles. Try not to go with FCP Groton, they didn't include the whole kit, and I had to drive around to parts stores across the state trying to find the correct smooth idler pulley, what a pain!

Pottle

Wow! The gates kit is about $75 cheaper than others. Even for the high performance kit. Think ill probably just do the OE belt.

oh5xt

I got my gates kit for $270 from Oakos and bought an oem water pump from subaru. I even got the pretty blue racing belt!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pottle

Think Im going with the kit from RockAuto.  $250 with the water pump.  Seems legit.

Also, Ive been searching but couldn't really find the answer.  I plan on buying a catback, will this bolt right up to the factory DP?

Latest posts

Back