tuning for older subies

Killerbumblebee

so my 1.8 is getting a transplant soon. I have a 2.2 engine with low miles that I'm picking up next weekand for 200 out of the same year leggy. It should be in the car this month.

I've figured out how I'm going with the tranny and the rear end with it, so my next question is, what do do with the engine. I think I've settled on a NA low boost turbo application (probably 6-8 psi) with the 2.2T head gasket (to lower compression).

I'm planing on doing things in stages for it, and I figured before I even thought about turboing it I'd get somehting like a G-ready ultimit or the like in it, anyone have some sugjestions? it's a 93 1.8L ecu that the system will be going on. aditionally, anyone have experiance tuning said car? thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it's working out so far, and I'll be happy with a 170-190 HP car, I just want it to run right and be reliable when I'm done.

jmailhot

seems like many of the folks turboing 1.8 and 2.2 OBDII engines are real happy with emanage blue (and it happens to be really affordable)

rs25.com turbo forums have a ton of info.

Latest posts

Back