Two observations while swapping the summer rubber on today...

mikebike357

I put the P7's and summer rubber back on the WRX today... but, I stopped to check a couple things:

1) Rear swaybar is 17mm, not 20mm as I had heard 2004 WRX Sedan have... (front is 20mm)

2) Stock "C" shape rear endlinks are crazy flexy! I could see 'em flex by just pushing on them!

I smell some mods...

seph

my sway bar (rear) was one of the best mods I've ever done...and the best for the WRX....and the perrin end links don't flex a bit....I love 'em..

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I was running all day on Race rubber !!! I love it!

it is going to be really hard to go back to regular tires..
default_biggrin.png

RedForester08

Mike just have Joel set you up with the Whiteline Rear sway as in my sig for part number and some Kartboy endlinks. The fitmet is a little better with this bar and you can adjust it from 20,22 and 24mm tension. Tony Q has the STI 20 and it works good for him on his sedan.

Whiteline%20fitment.jpg

mikebike357

I'm just not sure about beefing up the rear on teh WRX and not beefing up the front. It feels pretty balanced now but just has body roll on corners. There's enough used 20mm STi bars floating around for cheap vs. scraping up $100+ for new.

ralli

While I'd like to upgrade both the front and the rear on my car.. I think the car is VERY neutral with the STI bar in the rear.. just my opinion.. and I'll find out more this weekend.....

RedForester08

My front is a 20mm stock and the rear is set at 20mm and it is really balanced. So Mike get a used STI 20 and go hard. My wagon setup fits better with the whiteline/kartboys than the STI bar set up.

Bman

It is fairly easy to find a 20mm swaybar off an 02 sedan on nasioc. I purchased that for the wagon a while ago and it really helped the dynamics of the car. They can be had very cheap as well.

I also got some used kartboy endlinks, the stock ones were POS

mikebike357

yunz guys are all talkin' wagons though... I gots a sedan.
default_smile.png
The STi 20mm was like night & day when I put it on the Forester. WOOT!

J

junkyardgabe

but endlinks make the sway bar what it is.if you don't have endlinks to match your sway bar its almost point less

Latest posts

Back