U-Scan OBD2 Scanner review

Where I am the maintenance person on vehicles in my family I decided it was time to get a scanner. Did some research, went and shopped. Found the Actron U-Scan tool at Advance Auto. It is a Bluetooth plug version.

So far I have easily connected it to my BRZ, my moms 06 Charger and my Dads 03 Chevy. It works awesome, has great features and is easy to use.

Compared to E-Bay and Amazon cheapo models it is pricey at $80, with app add-ons costing from $10-$50. It says it only works with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.

Bonus of this is that it is small, and is supposed to graph data. I have an iPad that I keep in my car, this will be added to in car carry items.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Ive been waiting for a review on these. I always have customers asking about them and I haven't had any feedback to help them. We've had them at my advanced auto since like june

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Can you get into anything besides just the ECU with it, like ABS, or other modules?

It supports ABS and airbag codes. Also has a feature that is supposed to help you narrow down a fix through the app. So far I have 4 vehicles saved in the app. I am curious to see what happens when I plug it into my 95 Impreza(just for kicks).

RyanR

Hmm, I'd love to have something that can do subaru abs... up until now there are very few tools that could, and they were in the thousands of dollars range. Too much for my uses.

I wonder if it works on abs on the non-can obd2 cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'd love to have something that can do subaru abs... up until now there are very few tools that could, and they were in the thousands of dollars range. Too much for my uses.

I wonder if it works on abs on the non-can obd2 cars.
I can not say if it will do Subaru ABS. That will be something I figure out after I figure out the data graphing portion.

i-wagon

Lame on only supporting apple. My scan tool was over a hundred when it was new. It gets garbled and sometimes just doesn't work. I should just get something for the laptop. But for apple guys it sounds like a good tool for the price

RyanR

I read it also works on android. But maybe im crazy. Not an apple fanboy myself.

Latest posts

Back