• > Every month

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Every other month.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Every season.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have TPMS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh POOP, I guess I should go check that...

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

stainless

Tire Pressure info

A place people can post their info. I have tend to find I get better handling "character" with a few psi higher than stock.

your mileage may vary...

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I really like this thread
default_biggrin.png

I run 32/30 or whatever the door plate say for commuting. After le-autoxing for a long time, the tires really like to be in the high 30's for good turning.

Downside about running higher pressure is that you'll get more tire wear down the center, that's why I opt for door plate #'s when commuting as my summer set is a wee bit thinner in the center than on the sides.

Another thing to note, it is always a good idea to have a tire pressure gauge in your car. A good one.

I've personally found that not all gauges are built the same. I used a cheapo car store counter gauge for a little while and it actually read 2 to 3 PSI LOWER than actual. When you're doing fine tuning for commuting or performance driving events, that 2-3 PSI makes a difference.

I keep a good gauge in the car along with a crappy parts store air compressor. As for actually checking tire pressure, I'm lazy and only do it for racing events in the summer, and my snows get filled once when I put them on.

This is a nice gauge I would recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-2343-Autogage-Mechanical/dp/B00062YVPW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1303650521&sr=8-10

krazykarpenter

I kinda follow the door plate which says 33/30 I run 32.5 all around. No real reason why other than I put all the pressure at 32.5 one day and just really liked how the car handled and rode so I left it there.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
The reason you run more in the front is to compensate for the increased weight in the engine. While it isn't really that big of a deal, that's where the difference on the recommended door plate comes from. The extra weight on the fronts can be compensated with a few PSI to make the car le happy.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have a nice digital gauge I keep in my car. One in each car, actually.

I usually check my tire pressure before long road trips, and when I do oil changes. I use oil changes as a time to check over my whole car, basically I do a whole inspection on my car to make sure everything is looking good, not just tire pressure.

Tire pressure is just one of the things you should regularly check to make sure your car is in good operating condition.

EvilAsPie

I run 36/34 on the street with summer tires. 42/40 for autox. "Stock" pressures for winter tires.

Dan, that gauge looks like it has a bleed valve, true? I'm in the market for a new gauge this year.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Dan, that gauge looks like it has a bleed valve, true? I'm in the market for a new gauge this year.
Can't say for that particular gauge, but I have one similar that has one, and yeah, bleeder button yay. It's nice. The gauge I have the needle will stay at the reading until you hit the valve as well. It's a sweet gauge, got it for xmas so I don't have a "buy this gauge here", but the autometer is good stuff.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Can't say for that particular gauge, but I have one similar that has one, and yeah, bleeder button yay. It's nice. The gauge I have the needle will stay at the reading until you hit the valve as well. It's a sweet gauge, got it for xmas so I don't have a "buy this gauge here", but the autometer is good stuff.
My compression tester does that, it's nice.

stainless

with most cars having stiffer sidewalls than " back in the day" it seems that if you can tell the tire is low by looking at it it is REALLY LOW. most of my cars seem to wear out the outside a bit faster I rotate at least every 6 months some times every 3. I keep a bike floor pump in my car. I have used it to inflate flats for others on no less than a half dozen occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
32/30 for all around street driving

32/30 for gravel tires, back road hooligan silliness and rally use

38/36 for street snows n rallyX, maybe a bit more if course is really tight (high press helps avoid de-beading)

Latest posts

Back