Used or seen this?

Evan

i've used the same thing from duplicolor, metalcast. it worked ok. the basecoat is the key, make sure you use plenty of it.

red on my laptop:

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4530.jpg

DSCF4533.jpg

4WRXter

Skier!
HOT!!!!!!! Evan, and the laptop looks great too. Now while surfing ebay I find I could have bought a brand new intake for like $35 plus shipping, And probably just bolted it up instead of dicking around painting, making brackets. Oh well, live and learn, huh

R

rallyXcramps

Just bought a few cans of the Dupli-Color anodize spray. We're going to attempt to have anodized PURPLE VW rims. It requires additional materials to make it work, but I got that stuff too. Advanced Auto has a better selection of stuff but Wally-world is cheaper by at least a dollar per can...if they have what you need, sparse se;ection.

4WRXter

Skier!
The WallyWorld in Farmington had some of the purple Dupli-Color. I decided after a Looooong (NOT) time to not paint my intake purple :
default_wink.png
. I found the Plasti-Kote stuff at VIP. I used the blue and the base coat. It came out pretty good I think. If I can borrow a digital cam I will try to post pics. I don't know how to do that but I'll try. My wife always told me the way to learn a computer is just keep pushing buttons until something happens. It's worked so far.

R

rallyXcramps

It says on the can that if it the object does NOT have a chrome like finish when you start to use the "Ground Coat" paint, then use the Dupli-colr Metalcast, which is the anodized 'look' stuff. Well after reading that I realised it aint gonna work on my silver painted rims....

...but I tried it anyways. The Ground Coat is just very metalicy silver paint. Then I hit it with several coats of the Metalcast purple. The result aren't a chromy look like advertized but a very candy looking finish, more of what I was after. Check out the pictures. They look purple in the pics but in person they look grape...or graple.

purple5vg9.jpg

purple4aa9.jpg

purple3el9.jpg

purple1og2.jpg

R

rallyXcramps

Also I tried a new technique for filling gouges and scratches.

Latest posts

Back