Welp...

Hexum

One week of owning my LGT, one new turbo.

My mechanic did me a solid and threw the car up on the lift and noticed some oil seeping from the turbo. Since it was just on the lift and they didn't dive into anything, they couldn't tell where it was coming from, but it was apparently pretty minor. Took it to the dealer since I'm still in 30 days from purchase and they said the input shaft was on it's way out- not gone, but starting to go.

Soooo, after a few days of driving the car I won't be driving it for 5 days. Have to give a shoutout to Jim at Stanley Subaru though (probably a member here?), he told me he had a used turbo on-hand but wanted to hold off to order a new one. He is also has a nice WRX.

Of course now I'm terrified that this is the start of bad things to come, but let's take it one mechanical failure at a time!

Hexum

I didn't realize VF46 turbos had any issues. Are you tuned?
Nope, or at least not that I know of. I was planning to go stage 1 at some point this summer too, and that probably wouldn't have worked out so well for me...

At least you found out now, before something REALLY bad happened!
Yeah that's the key, I feel pretty good knowing it was caught before it could wreak havoc on the engine. Peace of mind factor is huge. Oh and hopefully safely turning up the boost now.

Latest posts

Back