What clutch would I need???

02 WRX Chris

So here is the deal, Im building a 2.5L block for my new motor build and Im going to change the clutch in my car when the motor is out.  I believe the block came from an 06-07 WRX, its just an EJ255 block.  Im not 100% sure what year it came from, but shouldn't all of the 2.5L clutches from those years be the same?

Matt

Part numbers should all be the same if they are the same. Ej255 and ej257 is essentially the same block except for the pistons I believe.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
sti flywheel is different then the 5mt one, all 6mt clutches are interchangeable and all 5mt pull clutches are interchangeable

02 WRX Chris

im keeping my flywheel off my 02 wrx, so ill just stick with 02-05 wrx clutches

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
What is the go to recommended clutch for turbo guys?

I just run stock FXT exedys on my NA turd, but I get asked by turbo folks a lot what to get and I go uhhhh I drive slow cars sorry

05RSKID

I have a exedy stage 2 wrx clutch and brand new light weight flywheel for sale $300 if interested 

02 WRX Chris

Im gonna stick with the same clutch disk as what I have in my car now which is an ACT clutch disk.  Have had no problems with it so far, even with launching from it and from what I have read, its rated for 420 torque which is well above my goal.  What is the exedy stage 2 rated for?

05RSKID

just got looking into it and I guess its just a stock replacement not a stage 2 like i was thinking sorry

Fluffy282

I hate clutches >.< exedy says twin disk for me.... Yeah let me jump right on $2k for a clutch setup! I'm making some phone calls tomorrow and since your end power goal is somewhere near my current power ill shoot you a text with what I end up figuring out.

Guys at clutch net seem pretty confident and cheap so far.

02 WRX Chris

build is coming along haha.  I have all of the major parts at my house, just waiting for the block to be built and im sending the heads out next week to be machined

Matt

I need one for my legacy ss. Hill starts are challenging. Any good input on something better than stock?

02 WRX Chris

my ACT clutch has held up to a lot of abuse and doesn't chatter or slip at all.  that's why im going with them when i do the engine swap

Latest posts

Back