Wheel spacers good or evil??

uglydave

I recently lifted my 2002 ts thanks to kblood and it turned out sweet. She drives

straight down the road but got an alignment anyway. Tried to fit some 215 65 16 yokohama geolander ats.... The sidewall of the tires have about 5-10 mms clearance from the strut. So close the rubber hairs from the geolander are folded in half by the strut. The top of the tire is about the same distance from the bottom of the spring casing. I am wondering about using a 10 or 15 mm spacer to solve this problem. I have read spacers are evil. Is this true? Or does anyone know of another way to fix this? I am set on the geolander as I want an at tire. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ugly

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I would highly suggest getting better offset wheels. I think you're the same one that Spiller texted me about. Forester wheels are where it's at. They will get the tire away from the strut, and give a slightly wider stance, which is good when you're lifted. Spacers are fine as long as you clean the surfaces well before mounting, and then checking them, and re torqueing them if necessary. But I would recommend the Forester wheels.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
No prob. And there are aftermarket wheel options as well. Obviously you don't want something with too much of an offset, then you'll be dealing with completely different kind of rubbing issues, but something that is similar to stock Forester wheels, or even a little more would be good. Good luck with it! Post some pics of your car!

Latest posts

Back