Where do you take your car for maintenance in SE Maine?

Dave6265

Hey guys, simple question....

I'm looking for a nice place in south east maine, preferably a subie dealership.I'm hoping to find a place that won't doom me to hell for having modded my car. I had/have a relationship with my dealership in NJ, so they would look the other way for some mods if they didn't have an affect on any problems I may have. I'm hoping to find one around here, because I think a wheel bearing or cv boot needs to be replaced really soon. :-

I have an uppipe, shorty dp, sti 3rd cat and resonator, sti genome axelback for exhaust, TXS Hyperflow topmount, samco ic hoses with the cast iron why from the hyperflow and a hacked intake silencer for intake, and a lil prodrive standalone learner ecu(stock o2 wrx with prodrive daughterboards, tweeking,etc) that I doubt most dealerships would recognize.

Other than the power mods I have the spt springs, and aftermarket brake pads/rotors but still using stock calipers/lines/etc. Just put a brand new clutch in with the exedy 13 lb flywheel as well.

Thanks for any and all input.

gearsoup

not really southern maine, but....

Evergreen Subaru has a knack for completely "missing" the most obvious mods.....(that's a good thing)

They will fail an inspection if you have clear sidemarkers.... (they warned me when I pulled in. Ran home, swapped in the ambers)

BTW, they are located on Center Street, Auburn, Maine

Dave6265

bqqst you work there? sales I'd guess? I was plannin on having them look at my cv boot/wheel bearing issue when I get my next oil change... It only makes noise on a hard right turn, not straight or left turns so I didn't feel that it would be urgent enough. You guys are ok with mods? You may "love" them but what about lovign them when it comes to warranties haha... I don't have anything too crazy, but most of the dealerships in jersey with deny you when they see any sort of exhaust. Like I said I had a friendship with some ppl at my dealership soI kind of got the pass on most of it.

R

rallyXcramps

I'd like to have a relationship with your car too.

Dave6265

inski you're in the service dept.... what's your real name? I'll prolly be seeing youguys in the next two weeks or so..

S

silver bqqst.

inski you're in the service dept.... what's your real name? I'll prolly be seeing youguys in the next two weeks or so..
Yeah, his name is Chris, in service. I'm Vinnie and yes in sales.

Make sure to call ahead.. From what I understand Mods won't be an issue unless they were the cause of your troubles.

R

rallyXcramps

I think they are scheduling about a week out. Start with Wayne, Jaime, or Dane at the service desk. They'll hook you up. 8)

Dave6265

Alright I will be calling prolly next week or the week after that. There is no way I could see spt springs affecting a cv joint or wheel bearing... I'm not wholly sure that's the problem either, it could just need a lil grease/pb blaster somewhere.

Thanks for the help guys.

R

rallyXcramps

Glad to see you Dave. Glad your issue wasn't too serious. Hope to see you again.

Dave6265

Chris I will be back soon...do you recommend any brake pad in particular? Thank you very much for helping me out and dropping working on the pontiac for me so abruptly. I was talking with the service manager and dropped a good word or two. When I come back with the brake pads I will request that you're the one that does 'em for me. Patriot subaru is a fine place, with some pretty good techs haha
default_wink.png

T

Trauma11

i just bought my new 2.5i from patriot, i bought it from dave, he said he was new, nice guy though

seph

lol, yeah same here...But I don't know if I would have driven all the way to Saco anyway...

Latest posts

Back