White smoke from Grill area?

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
I just got my car back today after having two pulleys changed, Tensioner, Anti Freeze, Hose clamp, Oil, Timing belt, Break caliper slides and pad holders I noticed white dense smoke from the grill area when I got out of the car and it was hot to the touch.

I asked my local mechanic about it and he says he thinks it is a hose that may have come with a leak but none the less he needs me to bring it back so he can look at it tomorrow.

H'm.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
did smoke smell like burnt oil, or did it smell sickly sweet like burnt candy (coolant)

also was it really smoke (oil leak) , or steam (coolant). smoke will hang in the air for a bit, steam dissipates almost immediately.

did car overheat??!!

in any case, before you drive it again, pop the hood and look for obvious leaks @ rad hoses. when car cools down, check coolant level.

hope you don't have far to drive. if it's more than a few miles, try to get the guy to come look instead. something is verstunken (German for farked up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
he might have left the rad cap off.  but white and dense typically means coolant.  Pop the hood you will see it all over the place.

Vertigo101

Yeah we took a look at it and the cap is broken so I'll get a new one.

I also got a freaking field mice problem ! I got a huge next in there

did smoke smell like burnt oil, or did it smell sickly sweet like burnt candy (coolant)

also was it really smoke (oil leak) , or steam (coolant). smoke will hang in the air for a bit, steam dissipates almost immediately.

did car overheat??!!

in any case, before you drive it again, pop the hood and look for obvious leaks @ rad hoses. when car cools down, check coolant level.

hope you don't have far to drive. if it's more than a few miles, try to get the guy to come look instead. something is verstunken (German for farked up)
Car did not over heat, cap busted =o

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
cooked mouse nests stink really really really bad. don't ask how I know.

well, it was a big nest in the insulation around the propane oven at my hunting camp. Peee-yew! made yer eyes water and your tummy want to barf.

Vertigo101

o_O Yeah I am so getting that mouse out of my car tomorrow rain or shine! I swear it will be gone

K3rn

Hookah Master
i sucked a mouse nest in to a carb of my 74 260z not fun get them out fast the last thing you want is to clean out mice and pinks form inside the motor

WashmyScooby

Not to hijack, but the topic made me want to light the grill and throw some steaks on it
default_smile.png

I found a dead mouse, in a nest, in the engine compartment of my 88 volvo 240.  Unfortunately I found it with my hand and snapped the gnarly little shit in half searching for a wiring harness...  It was gross.  He must have been dead a long time.

I don't know how many times I washed my hands that day.

Latest posts

Back