window pad

akinaspeedstar

so i rolled up my window this morning after all the freezing rain and crap, and when i did the little felt pad on the guide came up frozen to the window.

how bad is this? i know they need to be cleaned and stuff every once in a while or they leave scratches like i have on my window. but if i use my window with this piece missing will it REALLY scratch the hell out of it? or is it something i can wait till spring to fix or do i need to fix it at all??

inski

On a completely different note...

e-Pie,

While driving your RS (your wife's) inside I felt as though the RS sedan felt more like a WRX as far as seating position goes. Then right after I was in your car I got a coupe just like Mike's, except all stock, and the seating position was just as I remembered in mine...kind of higher.

Maybe its just me, but there is a difference between the RS coupe and RS sedan. Have you noticed any difference sittinng/driving MIke's coupe compared to yours? To me the WRX has a better/lower seat postion when compared to the RS coupe, but your sedan felt better...more like the WRX to me...which I like. Maybe I need an RS sedan.

So, yeah, I've been seaching for the perfect seat postion. Seat very low, steering wheel high and close. I've found it in three cars I've owned, the Golf with GTI seats, my old GLI with Recaros, and the WRX. I was hoping I could find/make an RS to fit my needs and wants, but WRX seats in the RS made it worse. Maybe I should bite the bullet and get another WRX. Ah nevermind, just thinking out loud. For some reason its way up there on my priority list. 1) Handling. 2) Seat position. 3) torque, to chew up back roads and rally-x and maybe auto-x someday again. 4)MPG

EvilAsPie

Mike and i have noticed that there is a difference between the sedan and coupe, but we never really knew what it was. Just couldn't put a finger on it. Maybe seat hight is the difference.

But i wonder if it is the seat or the entire layout of the interior. Or maybe just and illusion because the doors are different.

The funny thing is heidi would actually like to put WRX seats in her car because she could use the extra hight. But that wont happen until i stop auto-xing it. With a helmet on and with the extra padding from then sunroof it's a pretty tight fit for me. Where i had no issues in the obs with out the sunroof.

Funny how the same cars and be so different.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
The funny thing is heidi would actually like to put WRX seats in her car because she could use the extra hight. But that wont happen until i stop auto-xing it. With a helmet on and with the extra padding from then sunroof it's a pretty tight fit for me. Where i had no issues in the obs with out the sunroof.
I have wrx seats in the coupe and love them, because they give me more height in the seat but with my helmet I have to put the seatback back one notch to fit and we all know, I'm pretty freakin short!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back