WTB: 1998 EJ22 for OBS

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Hey there,

My friend Hobson is looking for a 1998 phase one ej22 motor for his Outback Sport. I told him to make a thread, but I guess he's scared (he should go to church). Maybe he couldn't find the site, but at any rate...

Does anyone have a 'last known running' ej22 they wouldn't mind parting ways with? Please PM me, so that I may forward your contact info to him.

Thanks!

-Rick

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Pretty sure any 1998 EJ22 would be phase 2.
Not all. In fact, my mom has a 98 obs that is phase 1. And when the motor died, it was replaced with another phase 1 from a 96. I've heard that late 98's We're phase 2. I've only personally seen phase 2 99's.

smelt240

I have a 97 that was running greta til it sat for a while, general consensus is a wet coil being the cause of not starting. It had a bit of piston slap on startup then for about 15 seconds, somewhere around 200k, but it ran strong. Will need an oil pan, has some pinholes in it, will leak out over time. There are a few pieces taken off the car, just body parts and seats mainly, $150 would buy the rest of it. 5 speed tranny was good, rear end as well   Im in Litchfield, so its a bit of a haul, but Id say the price is right... even has a WRX catback fitted to it...

Edit, it was running great. Not greta.

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I have a 97 that was running greta til it sat for a while, general consensus is a wet coil being the cause of not starting. It had a bit of piston slap on startup then for about 15 seconds, somewhere around 200k, but it ran strong. Will need an oil pan, has some pinholes in it, will leak out over time. There are a few pieces taken off the car, just body parts and seats mainly, $150 would buy the rest of it. 5 speed tranny was good, rear end as well   Im in Litchfield, so its a bit of a haul, but Id say the price is right... even has a WRX catback fitted to it...

Edit, it was running great. Not greta.
The kid that's looking for it actually lives in Litchfield I think! I'll show him your post, thanks for looking out Smelt.

smelt240

I had a guy get in touch from Sabattus, right next door, haven't heard back from him though, him maybe?, I told him it was buried, but I have a tractor, and a chain. It will come out.

Legacy22GT

I have a 97 impreza obs i'm selling with a good running 2.2.

asking 400 for  it. 172k on the engine, but it runs awesome.

smelt240

If he is still looking, the remnants of the car are at Kenney's used auto parts in Litchfield... motor and tranny are still there...

Latest posts

Back