Clean Gr wrb hatch

jojo69

yeah saw some of your jobs! looks great! people don't realize how much time one needs to put in to get a decent to good job done when detailing (i'm talking prep, decon, clay, buff seal and wax you know... even with power tools), but well worth it! Have no experience with UPGP, i've used Meg's UQD with good success thus far. Been using #845 for several years now! last long and protects great, even on plastic/trim! What more can you ask for right!

I bought this pure wax (Meg's #16) i'm dying to try but i'd need to really do a good job on prepping the paint, and without a DA, it'd be quite an undertaking! But hopefully soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gretsch308

yeah saw some of your jobs! looks great! people don't realize how much time one needs to put in to get a decent to good job done when detailing (i'm talking prep, decon, clay, buff seal and wax you know... even with power tools), but well worth it! Have no experience with UPGP, i've used Meg's UQD with good success thus far. Been using #845 for several years now! last long and protects great, even on plastic/trim! What more can you ask for right!I bought this pure wax (Meg's #16) i'm dying to try but i'd need to really do a good job on prepping the paint, and without a DA, it'd be quite an undertaking! But hopefully soon!
Do you have to apply the #16 with your bare hands? That's usually the case with 100% carnuba. I love applying the 845 with the DA! So must faster and applies a much thinner coat. I would definitely get one!

jojo69

Yeah all done by hand, thus why I'm getting more wary of doing full on details.

And yeah, waiting on a new 3D polisher batch to come & i'll order one probably!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

jojo69

Since water doesn't really 'clean' 4 days of slush/dirt, decided to do a quick Quick ONR wash to get rid of the grim left on the paint:

strategy:

1 bucket w/ 5 presoaked MF's towels in ONR strength solution (negates 1 bucket method while maintaining minimal/no marring)

2 MF's damped for drying with ONR QD strength

1 xtra plush MF for final wipe/buff

Wash:

ONR wash body, door + trunk trim

ONR QD strength wipe down/drying

Final wipe/minimal hand buff

- Total time 35mn... Still trying to be more efficient and get it down to 20mn tops!

IMG_20121205_095447.jpg

IMG_20121205_095522.jpg

IMG_20121205_095547.jpg

jojo69

that headlight pic is badass just saying
Those pics are very well done!
Thanks ya'll.

those snow flakes/crystal were pretty sweet, and all around the car. Tried to get different perspectives, but with my nexus phone, since that's all i got to use, there's so much one can do without editing.

I really like that blue contrast one!
default_biggrin.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
...entirely too clean. It's a Subaru not a Ferrari! LOL.

Trying to keep a subie pristine driving on Maine winter roads = recipe for going bonkers

jojo69

...entirely too clean. It's a Subaru not a Ferrari! LOL.
Trying to keep a subie pristine driving on Maine winter roads = recipe for going bonkers
tell me about it! Especially with no garage...

I've actually given up on cleaning it and it is (maybe i'll take a pic) pretty filthy currently. If the opportunity occurs, rain or not freezing weather, I will hose it down and wash it. But it is the exception rather than the norm.

I have resigned to a dirty subaru for the wintery months... and do enjoy my muddy road i admit
default_wink.png

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

jojo69

went out to get gas and drive a bit around... fun here and there... a cpl snow banks got smashed here and there... bumper seems fine!
default_wink.png

IMG_20121227_111014.jpg

IMG_20121227_111305.jpg

jojo69

Well the project has started... I don't have extensive pics yet but will document more as I do more pieces.

Goal? Wrap the whole center console in black alcantara to match the rest of my interior.

Material? Industrial cement glue, cpl disposable walmart brushes and 1 yard of black alcantara.

Thanks to fellow member, I got a center console from a 2011 sedan. Seems similar to mine except that the arm rest is different (has the extender mechanism and a different arm rest form compared to hatch or 12 models), as well as the rear cupholders.

Took it all apart and should be able to retrofit it in my car with relative ease.

I have never wrapped anything and wanted to try out a piece. The arm rest cover seemed to have both straight parts and curves. I decided to keep the plastic-y OEM cover as it would add some bolster that I wouldn't have if I stripped it out.

Basically I brushed both the cover and alcantara and used a steamer to help me stretch the material to avoid creases.

Here is a result:
IMG_20130118_140405.jpg

jojo69

Google search is your friend for more detail. But bottom line is:

Super easy to keep clean, just wipe with damp towel and let dry.

Doesn't glare like black plastic/leather does (on dash board for ex)

Super soft like suede, but industrial made so stronger & more durable.

And let's be honest, feels more luxurious than plastic!

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Matt

I bought a precut kit with glue and what not from zealous interiors for my GC. Goes on easy and changes the entire interior. Where did you buy your fabric

jojo69

I bought a precut kit with glue and what not from zealous interiors for my GC. Goes on easy and changes the entire interior. Where did you buy your fabric
JPMcoachworks for the fabric. Its my understanding that you could source the material elsewhere but I like to give my money to good people and USA based businesses.

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back