Craig's 2007 2.5i -- "Steel Mist"

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
lol, not the case with me! mine is deafening, so I actually gain more mpg cuz I'll drive it like a grandma in town!
Haha
default_tongue.png
I dont blame you. That car is stupid loud!

Craig, you should upload some pictures of the process whenever you get a chance.

i-wagon

Yeah I never really did a write up or took pix, but I would recommend getting under the car with a can of pb blast and hitting the manifold suds, o2 sensors, header to cat pipe and cat pipe to mid pipe bolts, make things easier when the time comes unless someone had it apart and put the never size to 'er

scubiecraig

Are you doing anything Sunday? My wife has to work, so that would afford me the day to do car stuff. You are in central Maine, right?

i-wagon

As far as I know I'm free, could work at my inlaws or my dads in oxford. Want a shopping list?

i-wagon

However, if meyagi is closer, you might just want to see him to save travel time and if something breaks he'd be better equipped to repair/replace it, but either way I can walk you through the entire process.

It's not that I don't want to work on it for you, but my manifold was changed not too long ago, and I still came close to breaking thing s, I don't want to get into it and break a did and not be able to fix it

i-wagon

Either way, you'll want new gaskets for the manifold where it goes to the heads and the cat pipe, 2 oxygen sensor bungs from napa, and a couple zip ties. I wrapped mine, one roll of 2"x50' tightly wrapped will do the wrx header and a couple feet of cat pipe. Call or text 890 9218 and I'll tell you what to do about the rear sensor wiring

Jamey

Does that o2 wire pertane to the 11's too ? Your motor seems look different , or I'm crazy

i-wagon

Idk, try chasing the wires in the harness. Mine for the rear sensor were run to the front of the pass side head. I pulled the airbox, torque box and the plate thing that covers the injectors. Then pull the plug for the rear sensor & remove the wires from the wire protector and it should split back to the back of that head, that was enough wire for me to get the sensor post the rear cat

i-wagon

He might have dufferent air intake routing

I really shouldn't trust the droid before posting

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Not that, swype on the repp is annoying, it'll make words like siddiqui and pahlavi. And I have it on english

scubiecraig

I am havIng a shop In Portsmouth check out my header tomorrow. He Isn't sure he can weld It... FIngers crossed!

i-wagon

let me know what's up wIth that, I can tell them how to go about It If necessary. If they use flux core or stIck weldIng,.stItch out In slow and peen It wIth a hammer It should be fIne. Of course they make a rod for weldIng cast but they are $5 each

scubiecraig

Update: WRX header was installed with the help of Matt (iwagon) a few weekends ago. My mileage hasn't really gone down from me stomping on it all the time, but I think it has because the winter gas has now come out. It's only dropped about a mile per gallon though. I just got a pretty big refund check for overpaying a bunch of medical bills, so I think the next thing for me is an upgraded rear sway bar/endlinks. Looking at the Epic 22mm adjustable sway, with Kartboy endlinks. Hoping to pull the trigger on this soon. I'm also looking into a mine's replica lip for the trunk.

Latest posts

Back