Craig's 2007 2.5i -- "Steel Mist"

cwiggin

Cars coming together quite nice. run into any issues installing the header?.....I wanna do mine soon, cant wait to have rumble, haha

scubiecraig

Ordered a 22mm Epic Engineering rear sway bar and Kartboy rear endlinks tonight. Going to plant this car to the ground! Front sways/endlinks will be soon as well. Probably after Christmas!

scubiecraig

Swaybar and endlinks came in yesterday. If all goes well, I hope to install Sunday. I'm still out of power though, so everything has been thrown for a loop this week because of the Hurricane.

WP_0000931.jpg

scubiecraig

@apkarian100 -- I'm thinking of getting a DDM set of HID's. I know I said I wasn't going to, but I need the extra light at night... I think I'm going night-blind. Can I run a kit like that and get my Hella's to work too? I still don't have those buggers hooked up. It's been almost a year now!

Jamey

@apkarian100 -- I'm thinking of getting a DDM set of HID's. I know I said I wasn't going to, but I need the extra light at night... I think I'm going night-blind. Can I run a kit like that and get my Hella's to work too? I still don't have those buggers hooked up. It's been almost a year now!
ive been using ddm for about 3 years. No proub. And can't beat price lt warranty too
Matter fact I just ordered a kit for my fog lights
default_smile.png

Jamey

And don't get anything higher then 5k unless u like the blue I run 4500k wich is basically oem h.i.d And also gives off the best light output

scubiecraig

And don't get anything higher then 5k unless u like the blue I run 4500k wich is basically oem h.i.d And also gives off the best light output
Yeah I was going to get 4300k. I had a set of 6000k in my Mazda, but I'd prefer the OEM look, and better light output. I was very pleased with the DDM's. Never had an issue and things are cheap enough if something does go wrong, it's easy enough to fix!

Jamey

They will warranty them I had a slim burn out they sent new one no proubs there shipping was kinda slow tho

scubiecraig

Ok, I'm thoroughly peeved right now! I went out to try and throw on my rear swaybar/endlinks, but Subaru made stupid brackets on the 2007 Impreza. The bushings/bracket don't just mount to the chassis. The bracket comes off the chassis (think the shape of the stock endlinks), and one bolt head is facing out, the other is facing in. The issue is, it's hard to get tools inside the bracket... so I'm stumped, and I don't have enough patience in this weather to lay on my back in the dirt trying to figure it out... so, the swaybar waits until spring, unless one of you guys mind helping out and have done it before? It's unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to installing it. All the videos I watched on YouTube looked like a monkey could do it, but apparently I'm no monkey! (None of them were on a 2007 Impreza though). Arrrrrrgh, so frustrated!

scubiecraig

Well, I got it figured out after some more searching online. NASIOC had a great thread on it with a tip that I was completely missing. After that, it went smoothly. I have everything installed, I just need to get (2) 12mm bolts to attach the endlinks to the swaybar. The stock endlinks had (2) bolts attached and I can't get them out. Seems to be built right into a rubber sleeve/bushing. I'll finish this up tomorrow because my wife and I are heading out to a dinner at her co-worker's place.

scubiecraig

So I put in the bolts that were needed to complete the project today. Went out for a 10 minute run, and that proved that something was wrong. I heard clunking, so I immediately came back home to inspect. It seems as though the top black bushings in the endlinks are popping out?! Anyone have any idea why? I'm a little concerned because my commute to and from work is an hour and ten minutes, and I don't really want to ruin these things... should I contact Rallysport Direct and get a recommendation?

Pics before the shakedown run:

WP_000096.jpg

WP_000095.jpg

WP_000097.jpg

scubiecraig

I've never been able to get the bushing brackets back on, so kudos for you
A lot of elbow grease, that's for sure. They really don't want to sit properly unless you give them some persuasion! But the bushings I'm talking about are the ones inside the actual Kartboy endlinks. I thought these things were supposed to be super rugged and withstand a lot of force?

scubiecraig

Just got off the horn with Rallysport Direct. It's because I wasn't able to re-use the stock hardware, and I do not have a washer on the outside of the bushing... it is allowing the head of the bolt to come through the bushing. I need to get this fixed asap, but I've pretty much run out of daylight. I think I might get out of work early tomorrow and take care of this. I don't need my swaybar failing.

PS - Kirill from Rallysport Direct is SUPER helpful!

Latest posts

Back