Jesse's Bugeye

Visonik

Thanks guys. It was actually much easier and less scary than I thought it was going to be. I'll try to post up some day time pictures once/if the rain lets up today.

Visonik

So i finally got some day time pictures of the blacked out headlights.

f0c5tk.jpg

2hs7tz5.jpg

I think some Hella Black Magic's to replace the factory fog lights would really pull the look together in the front.

The more I look at the flaps, the more I think I want to bring them in a little bit so they don't stick out as much, but I think I'll want them how they are now when I get some new rims and roll the fenders...

I also got some pictures of the interior LED lights. They make a world of a difference. I need to find my camera charger so I can stop with the crappy phone pictures...

29394t3.jpg

Visonik

I've been torn for a while about what colors to paint my car... Maybe some input from you guys would help. I've narrowed it down to three schemes. Any input would be great!

Gunmetal grey with crimson red accents and rims

Black with crimson red

White with black accents, rims, and roof

I'm leaning more towards the gunmetal grey, but I've never seen another one to know if I like it. This is the closest i've seen and its called frozen grey which is essentially flat gunmetal.

SUBIEFEST-03.jpg

brycetron

I like that look. I do truly love a nice pearl white paint however. White gives you limitless options for colors of wheels or accents. If I could have any color it would be a pearl white with some colorful wheels. Maybe teal or purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visonik

That's sick. Is it paint or dip?
It's paint. Apparently it's called frozen grey. I like it a lot, but I'd want to have gloss paint which is why I wanted to do gunmetal.

I like that look. I do truly love a nice pearl white paint however. White gives you limitless options for colors of wheels or accents. If I could have any color it would be a pearl white with some colorful wheels. Maybe teal or purple. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do too. I wanted it to be white for the longest time then I saw that frozen grey and got pretty excited about that. I originally wanted to do white with electric blue, but I'm feeling a less noticeable look now. I don't want my car to stick out too much. I just want it to look good.

brycetron

I can see wanting a subtle looking car for sure. I like it both ways and am toying with the direction I will go on my own car.

White with black roof and black wheels looks killer good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visonik

So I took her to the car wash today to get all the salt off of her... 

Good news, the salt is gone.

25p6adi.jpg

Bad news, the car wash also took off my cheap ass vortex generator...

15529hv.jpg

Visonik

So as some of you know, my poor bugeye has a bad rod bearing. It's with Meyagi in standish now, so it's in good hands. Once he has time, he's going to go ahead and put a 2.2 block in it with all my current parts. The extended warranty company screwed me and delayed the whole process...

Marino

I <3 BOOST
best of luck man hope your able to get it on the road again soon. always scared of spinning a rod bearing .. 
default_additional_bricks.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

best of luck man hope your able to get it on the road again soon. always scared of spinning a rod bearing .. 
default_additional_bricks.gif
Thanks man. Mike said the damage was done when I got it. He said it's probably because the guy before me used Mobil 1. After I thought about it, i'm pretty sure that he did.. It should be ready in a couple weeks... It just feels like forever haha.

SUBARUDE

Sorry but Mobil 1 did not cause your motor to go I have in my garage right now a 02 wrx with 280k miles on and has had Mobil 1 since 10k miles it's a one owner car but good luck hope the next motor treats you better

Visonik

So the block is at Pape, just waiting on the head gaskets, which will be in tomorrow, then she'll get some Meyagi magic. I'm starting to get antsy... It's almost been a month Subaru-less....

Visonik

Mike went ahead and took the whole motor apart and found a couple of issues.. The clutch I had replaced in November, with only 2000 miles is junk. The tech that did the work put a bunch of never seize and it splattered all over the place and ruined it. So that's awesome. The manager at Quirk is going to talk to the tech that did the work and get back to me tomorrow about hopefully having them pay for a new one. I also need a timing belt kit so I ordered a Gates kit with water pump and ordered a new oil pan since, according to Mike, mine's "crispy." So that all sucks. Mike's going to throw a Perrin catless Up Pipe in it that he has laying around for cheap for me so that's cool. After all that, the brand new 2.2 short block from the dealer with 0 miles, and new head gaskets, this car better not have anything else go wrong for a good long while...

Visonik

The manager at Quirk was pretty good about all this. I stopped in today after class and showed him some pictures that Mike sent me. The first thing he said was, "holy shit." They're going to pay for a new clutch and Mike will have it tomorrow. Such a relief..

Visonik

Went ahead and ordered some 17x8 rims with a +45 offset. I made my girlfriend push all the buttons to order them so she can't hold it against me later haha. Once my tax return comes I'll get some tires on them and by then hopefully all the snow will be gone!

Visonik

Got the rims in early!

jr4ftf.jpg

Now I just need my car back.. Hopefully picking it from Mike Friday and taking it to Kinetic Saturday, if not, I'll be skipping school the middle of next week haha.

Mike also told me that my injectors are stock.. Which means the guy who sold it to me lied or is an idiot. Either way it's kinda disappointing haha.

Latest posts

Back