Mobil 1 5w-30 Synthetic High Mileage Oil???

Meyagi

I'm a hack
gregs red wrx had 100k on it, M1 since new. spun a rod bearing while crusing at 30mph. after doing a lot of reading on nasioc I came to the conclusion that the oil was most likely the culprit. It leaks/burns off faster because its thinner oil, which is the problem.

Matt

grab some mobil 1 and any other oil and pour it out....look how thin mobil 1 is compared to the other....I think it pours like water.....super thin

saabaru

I run M1 and have not had any issues. Although, I have to admit that I worry and plan to change to Penzoil or Royal Purple Synthetic.

Iboc_C64

The most I have ever burned is 1/2 a quart, but I am also not pushing my car to the limit IMO. I have friends that are far worse to thier Subarus and have no issues. I also have friend that yell at me saying Im gonna kill it, but I have always had people telling me that and it didn't happen on the last car... until I switched to mobil 1 from GTX HighMileage as a test and it spun a rod bearing after leaking out about 2 quarts through the main seals while I was beating on it. The car never leaked on regular or synthetic blend, I heard that was an issue with synthetic in general though.

i-wagon

I thought we'd had this discussion before. And carter pointged out that m1 sample pool is bigger, so more modded turbo cars failing on m1 is to be expected since more people are running it

^ I f'd that all up. Someone might understand what I meant

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I use transmission gear oil. Keeps the oil pressure up
default_smile.png

I take no responsibility if this blows your car up
default_biggrin.png

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I've been using Mobil 1 for a couple years now...seems to be fine in my 2.5 N/A to me and I leave it in there for about 4000-5000 miles.

seph

I have run M1 5w-30 since day 1, and I just did my 150k oil change. After reading all of this, I may change to Castrol HM....

Iboc_C64

I switched to Royal Purple yesterday and today I have a Noticably quieter, smoother engine. Thumbs up for Royal Purple.
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

GClark

Thumbs down on the price though, holy ish!!
default_blink.png

But you have to pay to play, so I'm okay with it.

gakosaurusrex

well looks like im ganna drain out the M1 and get some royal purple. im a bit confused on the diffenrt thickness 5w-30 thing. is it only the gtx high millage because its made to get rid of engine sludge?

i-wagon

^Sounds like me on my way to work. I'm looking inot something besides m1 for my next oil change that's supposed to be in -200 miles

Nicklaus220

I have put Royal Purple in my car and feel a significant difference in the idle. Very smooth and quiet, I like. Thanks Guys!

Latest posts

Back