NER.org @ New England Dragway 2/2/13

Matt

ill pull my sub box out when i get there and toss it in the back of your truck dan if that's cool...i cant run in the stock class because i have a non factory spoiler
default_frown.gif
Turbo isn't stock!!!

Got my windshield replaced today because someone boohoo'd about me possibly not going. Peer pressure is evil!!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I put a link to them in the last page. Or go to ner.org, under the Rallycross section go to Rules and Regulations.

And it appears ner.org is still broken? PM incoming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Thanks to Chris I have a copy if the rules. Looks like ill be in rally prep and nothing about windshields

02 WRX Chris

Hey Chris, can you PM me the rules too?  I think I should be good but it wont hurt reading through them.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Sorry I'm not posting the link here. It's for reason's I don't feel like explaining really, but I don't mind PMing it out to whomever.

Matt

Is there going to be any real advantage ( be it this is my first time ) to stripping the seats and what not out of the car.

In not going out there to win the event just want to do well.

02 WRX Chris

To be honest, your realistically going to save yourself like 30 pounds maybe?  Its probably not going to make that much difference.

Only way to really cut weight is to do a full strip. Unless you plan on doing that then I wouldn't bother. Not sure what has been suggested as to what a first timer should do but here are a few things I learned back when I was doing it.

Tires should go up to 40 psi

If you can walk/drive the course do it, take mental notes

First run use to learn the course but be weary of course changes

Have fun

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
skip stripping weight. (but maybe address your rear sway bar) Weight reduction is reserved for once you're times start to plateau then you need to mod the car.

Focus on consistency and technique.

Matt

Now that its rained I'm curious to as how it'll go. Ill bump the pressures Friday night. I still have my 13mm bar so put that on?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Now that its rained I'm curious to as how it'll go. Ill bump the pressures Friday night. I still have my 13mm bar so put that on?
Yes put your 13MM bar back on.

From snow drifting, your car over rotates way to much. You can go faster with a car bias to understeer than one bias to inconsistent snap oversteer. If you keep it in 2nd and turn in early/more violently + stab the brake for traction, you can wrestle the car easily.

The 25mm is too much and lends itself to snap oversteer and unpredictability. You can be turning into walmart and it'll punt you in the wrong direction.

Matt

So I've found!!! The car honesty felt so much better with the 13mm bar and little 195/65/15.

Latest posts

Back