The unofficial GUN talk thread

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Matt your PM box is full?

FYI Jamey, Dick's has 9mm
oops sorry, all clean now.

yes dicks still has but tuns of ammo right now. too poor. when i meen tuns, at 1:30 pm in bangor all shelvs wer full.

Sold the colt trooper....to the wife...lol =p

Springfield XD 4" tac, 9mm, holster, mag holster, speed loader, case, manuals, 4x 16rnd mags (2 unfired), +/- 200 rounds of ammo. Pakmyer slip on grip. $575

Marlin Mod 70, 2mags, sling, $175

Nate

Founding Father
Had an old Serpa holster kicking around.... Put it to good use in the truck. This is my lockable center console.

20130825_114113_zpsddbea946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

yes dicks still has but tuns of ammo right now. too poor. when i meen tuns, at 1:30 pm in bangor all shelvs wer full.
Do they still have the one box limit like So.Portland Dicks?  Its on the expensive side for Rem UMC 14.99/box

Everyone keep their eyes peeled for a used Mossberg 930.  I have see if those are comfy for me.

Good idea Nate.  I often thought about a Serpa velcro-ed to the ceiling

inski

just picked up a Spanish Mauser in .308.  Its not pretty but it was cheap.  Hope to run some lead thru it this weekend.  It came with a monte carlo synthetic stock.  Feels pretty handy

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Glad I picked up a bunch of .223 before all of this AR grabbin' started, haha!  I'd love to pick up a .308 Mauser or Nagant for plinking fun.  How hard is it to come by .308 and/or 7.62x54R these days?  My brother had a Nagant and it was probably the best/most accurate/least likely to explode $100 gun I'd ever laid hands on.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

recently, last month or so, theres been a lot of 308 on the shelf at Cabelas.  Haven't seen it anywhere else.  Mosins are fun.  

Better hurry.  Obama just made it illegal to import guns with some shaddy back stabbin executive order.  So that eliminates the entire Century Arms in VT.  No more Mausers, no more Mosins, no more Benellis, berettas, no more re-imports either, which means no more M1 Garands coming back from Korea or Turkey.  No more Civilian Marksmanship Program.  No Glocks.  Half the shot guns will be gone. 90% of the AKs gone.  

inski

3 gun today.  Probably finished near the lower mid pack.  Totally blew the first two stages which required rifle head shots only.  I borrowed my son's AR and I thought it was closely sighted in for him and me.  Nope.  It was hitting about 3" low and 3" left.  Made some sight adjustments and hits improved a lot for the rest of the match.  Guess I need to shoot the night before like I was doing last year.  Dial it in bada-bing presto!  No messing around at match time.  

Nate the pistol went great.

Shotgun = eh, could use a semi-auto, not going to buy one for a while.

Rifle went well all day except for the sight/shooter issue first thing.

Trap shootin tomorrow

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Got a damn shell jammed in my AR15 today. It wouldn't eject, and it seems to be in there pretty good. Not sure how the hell that happened.

Latest posts

Back